63. Forced Against Eachother

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Struggling, she screamed in frustration before her arms shakily lifted and she threw another bolt of her power towards me. This time I managed to manoeuvre myself away from the blast. I ran at her, knocking us both to the ground with my body over hers.

"Fight! Please..." It was a desperate plea from my lips. I looked into her eyes and brushed a strand of dark hair away from her face. "You know I can't stop you for long and if it comes to it, I will rather die than hurt you."

Another tear escaped from her eye, running a path down her cheek before I brushed it away. I believe you can fight this, I filled her mind with my voice, hoping and praying it would be enough.

Growls filled the air then, hundreds of them. I looked up, tried to blink through the brightness of the flames before I caught sight of Alivia and Adrenous with our armies behind them.

They'd found us!

Something told me it was to do with why Adrenous had his claws shredding into Desmond's collar. The blonde male looked beat up and frightened. He screamed, "Just listen to me. I—"

Adrenous threw him to the ground, cutting whatever Desmond wanted to say off. "Rylan don't let this traitor escape."

"It'll be my pleasure," Rylan said, casting a furious glance at Desmond.

Just seeing the male again made my blood boil. We had all trusted him with our friendship, our secrets... Our fucking lives and he betrayed us the second he had a chance.

A few steps away Alijah/Draven used his power to force me and Asmara apart. His power moved around me, unable to touch me but it took hold of Asmara and forced her body out from beneath mine. I rose and when I looked, he had her levitated in the air, his power on every fibre of her being as he placed a dagger into her hand and closed her fist around the handle. "No more playing. Kill him now."

The bastard was growing desperate.

Asmara looked as if every touch Alijah/Draven's power had on her burned.

Alivia let out an enraged pain only an angry mother could ever express. Her hair blew around her face and her eyes shone such a brilliant blue; I'd never seen them so bright. Her hands rose towards the fire. She was using her power to sniff out the flames Alijah/Draven's powers had caused.

Fuck! I had to dodge Asmara enough so that her mother could get us out of this.

Our armies surrounded us, blocking all escape routes for Alijah/Draven to take once the flames were extinguished.

Alijah/Draven whispered something in Asmara's ear then and my heart sank the second she looked at me with such a broken expression.

Asmara, whatever he said— I was instantly locked out of her mind like Alijah/Draven had forced her to put a wall up against me.

Fuck!

Then I was on my knees the moment Asmara sent a wave of power at me. I felt like my insides were burning. I tried to grab for my sword, desperate to run at Alijah and cut him down before Asmara could do more damage but it was already too late by then. My entire body froze, unable to move and I was completely stuck. I growled and yelled, trying to fight against it but it was fucking useless.

Asmara was there in front of me, but I couldn't lift my neck to look at her. I could only see the way she clutched the dagger so tightly by the blade, drawing her own blood. I watched it drip to the floor, angry with her for hurting herself.

Then she sank to her knees, her trousers knee-deep in grass and mud. Her eyes were on me and for a split second, I saw her wolf fighting to come to the surface as she lifted the dagger.

"Asmara," I smile, feeling just as defeated as her but if it has to be me or her that dies today, I will gladly make that sacrifice for her. "It's okay. I love you so fucking much, princess. Never forget that."

Alivia still worked her power against Alijah/Draven's but it would never be quick enough.

Tears well in Asmara's eyes and fall to the ground like a small rainfall. I can see how much this is killing her. The raised hand with the dagger begins to shake with her sobs and I can only imagine how hard she's fighting this.

Her wolf jumps to the surface again and stays this time, looking down at me with such love and adoration. Asmara smiles but sobs with so much heartache, it brings tears to my own eyes.

"It's okay..." I say again, watching her, not wanting to waste the last precious seconds I get of seeing how beautiful my mate is.

    I had achieved everything I'd ever wanted out of life with Asmara by my side. I was prepared to die.

And then a fierce look of determination crosses her face and she takes the dagger and plunges it into her own stomach.

"No...."

✨🌕✨

Did anyone see this coming?

Thoughts on this chapter?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for future updates.