63. Forced Against Eachother

En başından başla

Torben went mad with confusion. He had no idea I'd been compelled not to speak but now he knew something was wrong with me.

Alijah/Draven snickered. "Poor girl can't speak unless I say so. In fact, she can't do anything that I haven't ordered."

Slowly I saw realisation contort Torben's face and he looked even more pissed and more afraid for me. "You had her compelled? You fucking bastard!"

Alijah/Draven laughed again, loving the fear and anger he caused. I made the mistake of turning to look at him and I was almost blinded by the bright red light that shone from his irises. I closed my lids tight and felt my stomach flip when the ground beneath my feet vanished.

It felt like the world was spinning. The only thing that stayed constant was the tight grip Alijah/Draven still had on my shoulder.

When merciful ground was beneath my feet again, Alijah/Draven shoved me to the ground, where I fell on my knees hard by his feet and threw up. When I was done, I spat at his shoes and he fisted my hair hard, forcing me to wince.

I blinked a few times to get rid of the hazy red light that still blurred my vision, and when it was clear, I saw Torben on his knees. His face was white with nausea, but he hadn't thrown up as I had.

Torben blinked away his groggy vision and found Alijah/Draven shoving my head forward again when he released my hair.

"Where the fuck are we?" Torben growled, noting how the ground was different, and there were no mountains close by.

Alijah/Draven had teleported us elsewhere. Away from our armies.

Everything around me was going to hell and Alijah/Draven had the upper hand.

"We're somewhere we can't be disturbed." Alijah/Draven finally answered, and I knew what was coming next. "At least not until Asmara kills you."

A painful silence fell over Torben as he looked at me. Every inch of my being hurt at the thought of hurting him. My mate. The one wolven who against all odds, made me feel whole. Tears fell down my face, so raw and filled with pain.

Asmara. I felt Torben's mind touch mine gently, coaxing me to look into his beautiful brown eyes. I know your scared, but I know you can fight this.

I sobbed harder, shaking my head. Goddess knew I'd tried.

Alijah/Draven sensed what Torben was trying to do, and he didn't want to give me or Torben the opportunity to fight the compulsion Katherine had on me. Especially, when the vampire wasn't here to enforce it.

"Asmara," Alijah/Draven said. Torben watched as he removed the marked cuff from my wrist with the wave of a hand. Pure panic wracked through me even before he commanded," Kill your mate. Use everything you've got."

✨🌗✨

- Torben

I took a step back. Braced myself for my mate to throw herself into a fight she never imagined she'd be in.

Goddess, I never imagined this. Asmara looked so lost—desperate and afraid. For a second it looked like she wanted to scream and for a brief moment she fought the compulsion, but it won anyway.

Her crimson eyes released tears of heartache the second her power knocked into me, forcing me to fly back. I landed on my feet barely but Fuck. It hurt like a bitch.

I almost buckled from her power, but my wolf came forward, shoving strength back into me. "Asmara," I growled, hoping the dominance of my wolf would be enough to break the compulsion. "Fight. It."