61. I'm Going To Make You My Weapon

Start bij het begin

"What?" I said through clenched teeth.

"You can be compelled because you're not really a wolven without your wolf, are you?"

My heart sunk and my eyes widened.

"I do have a wolf," I insisted fiercely. "But you took her from me before I was even born!" I couldn't stop my temper from exploding in that moment. Just having him right there in front of me when I was powerless once again renewed the rage, I had always harboured just for him. "You fucked my childhood just to make me feel weak out of amusement. You took everything from me and for what? So, you could feel powerful and rule over a pile of rock?" I spat the words at him. The words I had been waiting years to say.

Alijah/Draven's eyes glinted red with rage. He brought his hand up, close to my cheek and fisted it tightly.

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. I choked and sputtered as he used magic to crush my windpipe. I clawed at my throat, trying to stop it but it was no use.

I clawed at his hand, trying to make him stop but he shoved me away and I fell to the ground.

For a second I thought I saw Des inch forward as if he wanted this to stop as well. When he made no move to step off the dais, I knew I'd imagined it.

Alijah/Draven's eyes stared at me intensely as I choked. And then finally he relaxed his hand and dropped it to his side, leering over me to watch me kneel before him, coughing and sputtering.

I took in gulps of air and felt the tears fall, landing on the ground.

When the adrenaline started to leave my body, I looked up at him with renewed rage. I was still breathing too heavily to speak.

"Your wolf is mine, Asmara. I have her physical being." He glanced towards the dais, where his real body sat, looking like a mutilated corpse." My body is too weak to shift but as soon as I extract my sisters' powers from you, I'll finally be the young and handsome man I used to be."

Fuck you!

He was a delusional monster.

"But that can wait until after." He sat on his haunches until we were eye level, those yellow eyes taunting me.

After what?

He smirked at the question in my gaze. "I need to deal with Torben first because thanks to Desmond, I was delighted to discover you're his mate."

I was still breathing heavily and didn't respond. I hated Desmond for revealing so much. I trusted him with my life, and this is how he'd thanked us.

"Now I know why he tried to bargain for your wolf," He laughed like this was all so amusing to him. He brushed Torben's mark with the back of his knuckle, making me shudder involuntarily. "Without your wolf, you will never mark him. A half bond is nothing compared to the real thing, I'm told."

I looked away from him, despising that he spoke the truth.

"It's tragic that you will never mark him."

I growled low and unladylike. "Torben is going to come here, and he will kill—"

  "Yes, he will." He whispered, ridiculing me. "Torben's going to come rushing in here with his army to save you and do you know what you're going to do for me?"

I couldn't stop myself and warily asked, "What?"

"You're going to kill him."

My heart twisted painfully, and my hands clenched in the dirt. "No! I won't do that—"