Ch 22 : Ghost Village (3)

Start from the beginning

As if they were dripping blood.

Wan Yu dangerously narrowed his eyes as he lightly looked up to the tree before speaking in a low voice,’’ Come out.’’

After his cold voice fell there was no answer except for the eerie rustling sounds of the leaves.

Only a short while passed and a low growl suddenly issued somewhere from the top of the tree followed by glowing red eyes that appeared out of nowhere amid that darkness.

Although it was pitch black, Wan Yu had no problem with his eyesight, therefore, he could accurately see what was the thing that just appeared.

Just like a four-legged animal, the creature covered in ragged clothes laid down on four while its claws firmly stuck to the trunk of the tree. As it was hanging upside down its long messy hair fell downward mostly blocking its face so only its glowing red eyes were seen.

At first glance, it did not look anything like a human but after another observation, Wan Yu found that it looked similar to a human albeit twisted which caused him to momentarily pause.

After coming closer to the village, Wan Yu was already sure that they were going to deal with unrest souls that were transforming into evil spirits but now his guess was off.

‘’Grrrr…’’

The ear-grating voice resounded once again along with its huge body bounced off from the tree intending to pounce on its prey on the ground.

Already having his guard up a long time ago, Wan Yu immediately evacuated with a light tap of his feet widening their distance. 

The creature landed on his previous position before instantly springing toward his direction with its jaw wide open ready to bite its target.

Wan Yu calmly sidestepped its attack and immediately returned with a kick right at its temple causing it to fly a certain distance away.

Wan Yu's cultivation was still low but his reaction speed and battle experiences were still top-notch so dealing with this thing was of no concern for him.

The only problem for him was the time constraint.

It would be suspicious if others were to find him here, especially Su Ze who was still scouting outside at this time.

Taking account of this problem, Wan Yu did not want to cause any unnecessary disturbance to invite other people so he chose the easiest and fastest method.

Knocked it off and simply tied it with a binding net.

Of course, the monster was still struggling fiercely trying to get out but to no avail, it was futile.

Unafraid, Wan Yu got closer as he got down on one knee trying to inspect the Jiangshi before him.

The skin was greenish white, obviously in a state of decay but seeing how flexible it was jumping down and launching at him, this Jiangshi was not acting like a stiff corpse at all.

It more resembled a living being.

However, it reeked of Yin energy so it was likely on the dead side.

As a person who had already lived once, Wan Yu had seen more than others so he had witnessed this evil practice before in his past life.

Just that he did not expect it to happen here under the sanctuary of the Righteous Sect.

At the thought of this, Wan Yu’s eyes that looked at the corpse slightly changed but as he was about to speak, he suddenly stopped himself as he turned to look in the direction behind him.