Chapter Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

My eyes widened when they stopped on her because she was stunning. Misty had the smoothest, creamiest brown skin I've ever seen. She had really dark hair that was out and curling towards her shoulders in a long heap. Her lips were puckered, soft, and pink almost as if they were pouting. Her eyes were her best feature they were almond shaped and the color of onyx like the gem because of how they sparkled even in this dark and cold weather, they shined. She wasn't looking at me her eyes were focused on Chase speaking and I hadn't realized Chase was introducing me until Wes nudged me pretty hard.

"What?" I asked him irritated that I had to peel my eyes away from Misty.

"Your name." He said.

I suddenly then realized that everyone was looking at me and I cleared my throat nervously. 

"I'm Jayden." I said to everyone.

The girls nodded in unison and Chase clapped his hands together. "Alright, let's bowl." He walked towards the entrance as he slipped his arms around Tess's shoulders; I rolled my eyes.

Not even inside and he's already making moves.

We all followed behind him and entered the bowling alley. There were a fair amount of people here like families, couples, and parties all getting together and enjoying the company of each other. After a minuet of walking we stopped at the shoe rental area and changed into the bowling shoes.

Chase bought two lanes for us, four on one lane four on the other. 

"I'll be on a team with Tessly." Chase volunteered.

Of course.

"Wes you with me?" He called over to Wes tying his shoes over at the bench.

He looked up and shrugged. 

Ron came over and nudged me. "I guess that leaves us two." He winked at me. 

I shook my head, I could already tell he wanted Chrishell to be with us. Alex automatically went to Chase and Tess's team, so that left Misty and Chrishell. They walked over to us arms linked around each other.

"I guess we're with you guys." Chrishell spoke up.

"I guess you are." Ron smiled.

Chrishell gave a small smile and went to enter her name on the list of players. Misty followed closely behind her. When they were done we took our turn putting our names down on the machine. We began the game with Ron bowling first. He lined up and I took a seat on the bench. Chrishell was behind Ron intimidating him and Misty took a seat beside me. We didn't say anything, only watched as the two fool around, watched as Ron hit only two pins, watched Chrishell laugh hysterically.

I glanced at Misty from the side of my eye, she had her hands neatly folded into her lap and she sat really still, like she was uncomfortable or something. I think she caught me looking because she turned around and smiled.

"Hey...Jayden right?" She asked.

I nodded. I suddenly couldn't find my voice and the words in my head seemed jumbled up and confused.

She held her hand out. "Nice to meet you, I'm Misty." She said.

I looked down at her hand and took out mine. She shook my hand gently and I noticed they were really warm and soft; I managed to let out a smile.

"You're friends with Tess?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Met her freshmen year." She replied.