dear diary,

It was a windy May afternoon, Veronica and JD were skipping class. They were sitting on the outdoor bleachers by the football field. Eating chips and drinking slushies.

The pair were sitting in silence, enjoying each other's company. "Do you ever think about the future?" Veronica speaks up, looking over to JD who raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah" JD answers.

"Do you ever- see me in it?" She asks, curiously

"Of course, I do" He says. Although It leaves him an unsettling feeling inside. What was wrong with him? Of course he wanted to be with Veronica. But why was he feeling this?

Veronica smiled softly at JD "I do too"

They continued snacking in silence. Although JD was confused with himself. 

~~~~~

A few days later, Veronica goes to JD's locker at the end of the school day. But he was not there, she furrows her eyebrows. She checks where he usually parks his Harley, and he was just about to drive off when Veronica catches up to him.

"Hey! JD!" She shouts at him. 

JD stopping in his tracks "Oh, Veronica" He says.

"So, I was thinking maybe you could come over to my house and maybe we can do our homework together? Maybe hang out?"

"Um, actually I'm a bit tired. And-- My dad said he wanted to do something with me" He lies through his teeth.

"Um, okay sure. How about you just come over after if you can?" Veronica agrees and suggests.

"Um, I don't know it might take a while. I have to go, I'll talk to you later" JD drives off, him tearing up. It pains him to lie to her but he doesn't know how to feel anymore.

Veronica was left standing alone in the parking lot. Why has he been so busy lately?  Veronica says in her head but quickly shakes off her suspicion.

She saw Heather McNamara walking out the school doors. "Heather!" She said to grab her attention.

Heather M. looked around to see who called her name. Veronica jogged up the Westerburg steps "Veronica Hey! What's up?" She asks Veronica.

"Do you think you can give me a ride home? JD had to go someplace with his dad so he left early, and I think he forgot he was my ride here" Veronica replied.

"Oh of course, yea let's go" The two girls go inside Heather's car. And Heather drove out of the student parking lot.

"So, how've you been?" Heather M. asks

"Great, actually" Veronica smiles at Heather "Except the fact that Heather has been driving me crazy" she says to Heather M.

"Same here. God, she's been annoying me about doing what she says Bla Bla Bla" Heather answers.

They arrive at Veronica's house and Heather drops her off.

When Veronica enters her house, she goes upstairs. She looks at her diary who was sitting plainly on her desk. Veronica drops her backpack next to her door and sits down at her desk. She puts on her monacle and begins a diary entry.

----------
Dear Diary,
It's been a while since last I wrote here. So, where should I start. Heather Duke has been more annoying than ever. Ever since she stole Heather's scrunchie she's been using it as a reason to control me and Heather Mac. And She gave me a ride today because JD drove off to someplace his Dad and him had to do. Come to think of it, He's been acting weird for the past few days.
----------

Veronica stops writing and thinks to herself "Why was he acting weird lately?" She questions again. Veronica starts to overthink. Millions of thoughts of what she could've done pops up in her head.
"Is it something I said?"
"Did I do something wrong?"
"Is he bored with me now?"
"He's cheating on me"

She shuts her diary, and walks over to her bed and lays on it. She starts to tear up and eventually she cries.

~~~~~

uh oh whats happening

-cheska <3