(RWBY V1) The First Step Pt2

Start from the beginning

Damian: I don't--

Pyrrha: Damian, you know never did say goodbye, you just vanished without a trace.

Damian: A habit of mine. I don't usually stay in place. You know that.

Pyrrha: I do. I just wish you told me.

Damian: Sorry.

Pyrrha: It's okay. Still, I am glad to be working alongside you again.

Damian: Same. But, I believe your friend Jaune needs you more than me.

Pyrrha: But, we're teammates, you and I.

Damian: What are you talking about? I didn't see you? Besides, your heart is set on Lady Killer, right?

Pyrrha blushes and tries to hide it.

Damian senses multiple Grimm coming from the bushes and turns around.

Damian: Beowolves.

Pyrrha and Damian step back.

Damian: Go. I'll take care of them.

Pyrrha: But--

Damian: No buts. Jaune needs you. Get going. I can handle this.

Pyrrha looks at Damian and sees him smile at her.

Pyrrha: Thank you Damian.

Pyrrha runs away and Damian takes out his sword, then twirls it.

Damian: Let's get this over with.

Timeskip.

In the middle of the forest, Ruby lands in a crouch, then darts off with a single mantra in her mind.

Ruby (thinking): Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang, gotta find... (shouting) Yang! Yaaaang! (internally, now seeing herself partnered with various people) Oh, this is bad, this is really bad... What if I can't find her? What if someone finds her first? Well, there's always Jaune. He's nice. He's funny! ...I don't think he's very good in a fight, though. What about Silver? He's my boyfriend and he would make me great partner. There's also Damian, he's like a big brother to me and he always has my back. Ooh! What about Blake?! So mysterious, so calm... Plus she likes books! Then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her... Ugh! (shakes her head of daydreams) Okay... Who else do I know in this school? There's Yang, Jaune, Blake, Silver, Damian, aaaand...

Time seems to slow down as Ruby skids to a halt in front of Weiss as she is turning to face her. She stops just in time for their eyes to meet and a pregnant pause follows. This ends when Weiss turns on her heel and walks the other way.

Ruby: (following her slightly) Wait! Where are you going?! (stops and kicks the ground dejectedly) We're supposed to be teammates...

Weiss is seen struggling through the forest, giving an occasional grunt or "Ow!" as she pushes plants out of her way. She brushes herself off and sighs in relief when she hears a voice above her.

Jaune: (apparently struggling to free himself) Come on, come on! Stupid...!

Weiss sees Jaune hanging a few feet in the air by the spear embedded in his hood and the tree behind him. As he gives up trying to pull it out, he looks down and sees Weiss, giving an embarrassed wave. Weiss simply heads back in the direction she came from and Jaune groans in dejection.

Weiss: (as she passes Ruby and pulls on her hood) By no means does this make us friends.

Ruby: (overjoyed as she's dragged away into the bushes) You came back!

Jaune: (seeing the scene and waving his arms) Wait! Come back! Who's going to get me down from here?!

Pyrrha (below): Jaune? (he looks down at his savior) Do you... have any spots left on your team?

Jaune: (crossing his arms) Very funny... (he eventually looks down at her and gives a smile, which she returns)

The scene changes to Weiss trudging through the forest, with Ruby back a ways behind her.

Ruby: What's the hurry?

Weiss: I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your— (a smiling Ruby suddenly appears next to her) What the...?

Ruby: I'm not slow, see? You don't have to worry about me!

Weiss: (looking back, slightly amazed) When did...?

Ruby: Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with monsters! (gets an arm around a skeptical Weiss' shoulders) You're about to see a whole different side of me today, Weiss, and after it's all over, you're going to be like, "Wow! That Ruby girl is really, really cool... (somewhat mousily) and I wanna be her friend!"

Ruby disappears in a shower of rose petals, which Weiss waves away from her face just as she hears crackling and rustling in the bushes around her.

Weiss: (calling out to Ruby) You may be fast, but you still excel at wasting time! (silence, save more noises) Ruby? (the forest darkens, forcing Weiss to lean in to try and find her new partner as a pair of red eyes are seen glaring behind her) Ruby...?

The camera revolves around Weiss, as multiple pairs of red eyes stare at her from the bushes and a deep growl is heard. She turns around until she spots a large, jagged Beowolf emerging from a bush and approaching her.

Weiss: Ruby!

The Beowolf roars.

Meanwhile, Damian finish killing the small team of Beowolves and puts his sword away.

Damian: The end. (scoffs) Don't bet on it.

Damian walks into deeper into the woods and swings his sword, killing more Grimm. Meanwhile, he hears someone following him and turns to the left.

Damian: You might as well come out.

It was five more Beowolves and one more Ursa charging him, he doesn't do anything but watch as each one of them are taken down by a bullet frame a sniper rifle.

Damian: Nice shooting.

Damian turns around and sees it was Watari.

Watari: What if I had missed?

Damian: They would've been killed by me and it wouldn't be as merciful like you.

Silver is killing Ursas and Beowolves left and right.

Silver: Killing Grimm is fun and all but, after a while, it gets pretty boring.

Silver senses something.

Silver: An enemy? No. Doesn't feel like one.

Beowolves attempt to attack Silver from behind, even though Silver is letting that happen.

A burst of lightning shows up out of nowhere and zigzags through each Beowolf and they fall to the ground instantly. Silver sees his so-called "recuser" putting his sword away and turns around.

Onyx: You know, you could've taken them down yourself.

Silver: I could've (smirks) but then you wouldn't have come out of hiding.

Onyx(scoffs): I guess you have a point there... partner. (smirks)