𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The screeching sound that I've been dreading for the past two months rings through my eyes

The screeching sound that I've been dreading for the past two months rings through my eyes. August 22nd, the first day of senior year.

I should be excited. Right? But I am not, I feel very overwhelmed.

I've never been a fan of school. They say middle school and high school years are your best. As of now they honestly been my most stressful ones. Luckily, I don't have to worry about this for much longer. I'm a senior, only a couple more months and I'm finished.

The stress on picking out your everyday outfit is unreal. With a tired yawn I make my way into my closet. I'm extra. I won't lie. I hate going to school looking un-kept. I like to look good everyday, not only the first. It's still pretty hot in Cali, at the moment I don't have to worry about needing to be warm.

My school doesn't really have a dress code. Well, I mean no one listens to it, therefore they've given up. Two years ago Long Beach high school used to be a all uniform school. These ugly brown knee length skirts with a hideous collared top, the exact shade of throw up yellow.

Parents of the students paid a lot of money, basically bribing the school system to get rid of it.

Glad that worked.

I debate on two outfits.

I don't know if I should go with jeans or a mini skirt. I knew I should of did this last night. School starts at 8:00 and it's already 7:29.

Finally after a long mental debate I pick the first option. Dark washed low waisted true religion jeans, a black crop top with crossed cutouts in the front and a x criss-cross in the back.

Now to the shoes. That's a hard one. The wrong choice of shoes can ruin the whole outfit. "Siri FaceTime Amelia and Chloe." I speak into my phone speaker in hopes of getting their opinions. The phone rings for about six times before I hear voices.

"Hey pretty." Amelia says cheerfully. A smile tugs at my lips when I hear her phone drop, several curses following after.

"Hi." Chloe speaks in dull voice. This isn't new from her. She's not a morning person whatsoever, I understand.

"Which shoes should I wear?" I turn my camera around, showing them a pair of black medium height stiletto sandal heels, along with black low top vans.

"Show me the outfit first." I slightly tilt the camera so both the shoes and outfit are in eyes view.

"Heels for sure." Amelia responds very surely.

"Vans would look better, maybe with a black sweatshirt instead of that top." My eyebrows scrunch together at Chloe's response.

"Um absolutely not. It's like 90 degrees outside." Amelia nods her head agreeing.

"Are you trying to sabotage her?" Amelia says jokingly, that's how she is. Me and Chloe know that. Instead Chloe takes it literal.