Chapter 14

"So, when is your wedding?" The lady who had done the dress fitting asked.

"Next week. The 20th of June to be exact." Stacy responded.

"That's very soon."

"Yes, it is. We couldn't wait. When will the dress be ready to be picked up?"

"Two more days should do it."

"That's perfect, thank you."

"No, thank you. Goodbye, see you again in two days."

"Goodbye," Stacy said as she exited the building.

-------------

Finally, June 20th, the wedding day. Bucky had stayed over at Steve's apartment the night before.

9:00 am

Stacy had woken up from another nightmare. It was her first night without Bucky since he moved in two years ago. It had taken them one year to plan this wedding. And now it was finally time, but Stacy was beginning to have second thoughts.

What if he finds out what I'm keeping from him?

That one singular thought just kept running through her head and she didn't know what to do about it. She thought that maybe it was just pre-wedding jitters and nothing more, that once they were officially married that those thoughts would go away. Just a few more years and he would go away, but so would she, and she couldn't stand the thought of never seeing him again.

After getting her hair and makeup done by Nancy, she grabbed her dress bag and began to unzip it to see her long beautiful floor length wedding gown. Taking it off the hanger and unbuttoning it in the back, she began to slip the dress onto her body.

After she had the dress on, the three women began to make their way to the church where Bucky and Steve were already there waiting on them.

Stacy was five minutes late arriving at the church. As soon as the women were in their places, the doors opened and the music started.

Hearing the music, Bucky immediately turned to see his fiancé at the end of the aisle. As she began walking toward him, he began to tear up.

Once she was at the end of the aisle, the officiant began the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the union of these two people. We come together to celebrate the love shared by these two souls. Before we begin I must ask, does anyone object to this union?" The priest looks out into the crowd waiting for a response. When none came he continued.

"James, you may begin with your vows."

"I, James Barnes, take you, Stacy Payton, to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, through good times and bad times, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part." Bucky said his vows starting to tear up.

"Now you, Stacy."

"I, Stacy Payton, take you, James Barnes, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, through good times and bad times, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part."

"Do you, James Barnes, take Stacy Payton to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Stacy Payton, take James Barnes to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." As Stacy says these words she has a flashback to her nightmare from the night before, the words 'Who are you?' echoing through her head.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the Bride."