Chapter 5

April, 1936

It's been nine months since she was given the mission.

For Steve and Bucky nothing had changed, but for Stacy she was alert at all times, staying on the lookout for the man who will be called the Winter Soldier.

Her worries still hadn't gone away, but she was good at hiding it. She was taught that no matter what she was feeling on the inside that she had to hide those feelings, it was the only way she would survive.

The friendship between her and Steve was getting stronger, but so were her feelings for Bucky.

"Stacy..Stacy? Hello?" He was trying to get her attention. She didn't notice.

"Yeah?" She asked still lost in her thoughts.

"So I was thinking and thought that we should go dancing, just us."

This caught her attention. She looked up at him confused and kinda surprised. "Why just us?" She asked.

"Because I was sorta thinking it could be a date."

He was nervous. He liked her.

"Really? A date?" She was doing it on purpose, making him nervous. She thought it was cute.

"Uh..yes?"

"Why?" She asked. She knew the way he felt about her was the way she felt about him.

"I thought it would be nice to go out."

"So, it has nothing to do with you liking me?" She asked jokingly. He didn't realize she was joking.

"It has absolutely everything to do with me liking you."

"When and where?"

"Right here, tomorrow night, 8 o'clock sharp?"

"Yeah, that's perfect. I guess I'll see you then."

"Until tomorrow then." He said being dramatic and kissing the back of her hand before leaving her in her apartment with her thoughts.

That was the only time in the last nine months that she wasn't worried about her mission.

The mission she had made absolutely zero progress on. The mission in which everything was like a film you had never seen before, she didn't know what would happen next.

The next morning Stacy had the earlier shift at work. When she arrived back home it was around one o'clock in the afternoon.

Her date with Bucky was tonight. Seven more hours until they would be out dancing, together.

Stacy had never been dancing before. She had never even been on a date. How could she? She has never talked to anyone outside of where she was trained until this last year.

After hours of trying to decide what to wear she decided on a blue dress. It wasn't much, simple and comfortable, but appropriate for what was planned.

She did her hair like always in curls and did her makeup before getting dressed.

7:35 only twenty-five minutes until Bucky would knock on her front door.

At 8 o'clock sharp she heard a knock on the door. Answering the door she saw Bucky on the other side.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

》》》

"I had fun tonight! Who knew dancing could be so fun?" Stacy said as she walked through her front door.

"I'm guessing you've never been dancing before?" Bucky asked sitting on the sofa.

"No, never been on a date either, anytime I'm asked out it's by someone I have no interest in."

"What do you mean?"

"They're all the same. They think I'm flirting when I'm just being nice, they ask me on a date, and when I say no, they go on the whole "you're crazy, good luck finding someone else" rant that I've heard a million times and storm out."

"But you're interested in me?"

"Yeah. Hey it's getting late. I think I'm gonna go to bed."

"Right, well I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Bucky."

"Goodnight, Stace." He said before shutting the door behind him.