Prologue

"So many questions.."

I muttered to myself before taking a sip of the strawberry flavored Boba tea I had in front of me. I was currently sitting at a picnic table at a local park. The sky was filled with gray clouds, yet every now and then the sun would come out of hiding.

"Who was your teacher last year and did your abilities improve or remain unmodified? Please explain."

Simple enough. Last year my teacher was Professor Swift. Due to his teaching style, my abilities constantly improved.
After finishing that question, I took another sip of my Boba tea. I twirled my pen through my fingers as I set down the drink and focused on the packet of questions again. This packet is designed to know more about my previous year at GATE Academy.

Now, what is GATE Academy? Well, GATE is an acronym that stands for 'Gifted And Talented Education.' So basically, GATE is a place for people with powers to learn and train. GATE is located in a large place known as Arcadia. GATE Academy also takes up an enormous amount of land, so it's a pretty peaceful place with a variety of things to do.

I finished up the packet of questions and began to look over it, making sure I did not miss a single question. The staff that reviews these tend to get annoyed when you don't send these things in fully complete. Before I could finish proof-reading, I felt a raindrop on my arm. Soon, more and more fell from the sky as it began to sprinkle. I shifted my scarlet red gaze from the paper up to the clouds before standing. I tucked the packet away safely in my shoe as I sighed.

"Might as well head back." I said to myself as I began slowly making my way to the nearest bus stop. My black cat ears were slightly flattened to my head while water dripped from my fluffy black tail. I didn't mind though. I actually really like water. I find it to be a fascinating. Ironic isn't it? A demon cat who likes water. What's even more interesting is that the people around me seemed to be afraid of it. Humans of all ages were quickly making their way out of the park. I didn't rush though.

I finally made it to the bus stop. The rain had lightened up a bit as I stood there patiently along with a few others. The bus finally pulled up and I climbed inside. It was crowded as usual, but I squeezed my way to the back where less people preferred to go to. I went ahead and pulled out the packet from one of my black combat boots and unfolded it. As the bus made its way throughout the city, I resumed my original task of looking over my answers. It would be about half an hour before being back at GATE, so at least I have a way to pass time.

Summer break was coming to an end. Students would soon be focusing on their studies more. Normally, people don't feel that happy when they hear that their break will be ending, but I was. You see, GATE isn't as strict as schools for people that do not possess powers. GATE is fun, and I know there will be many adventures to come. The bus stopped at all the other stations first, letting off and picking up people as went through town. Finally, my stop was next. I exited the bus and began walking through the entrance of GATE.

"Home sweet home."