Chapter 4

Annabeth POV

Frank and Hazel sent a message saying to pick a letter from one of the primordial's names so the gods think we are all primordials; the only problem was Percy's actual name and his primordial of choice had the same first letter.

"Seaweed brain, have you made your choice yet?" I asked.

"No," Percy responded, "I can't use Pontus cause Pontus and Percy have the same first letter, and they might figure it's me by sheer dumb luck." I sighed.

"Ok," I sent out a mental message to them all, "Hazel's nickname is G for Gaea, Frank is Ta for Tartarus, Percy is C for Chronos," He started protesting about not having a choice. I just glared at him as I continued, "I'm N for Nyx, Nico is P for Pontus, Leo is E for Eros, Piper is H for Hemera, Jason is AI for Aither, Call Thalia AN for Anake, and call Reyna Te for Tethis got it everyone?" 

Everyone murmured in agreement as they greeted and welcomed our new "friend." Percy wanted to murder the guy immediately, but I stopped him, saying we needed him alive for our plan. For now.

We planned to convince the gods we were the primordials and that their heroes were incapacitated and unable to help till we were ready to reveal ourselves.

Frank led the boy into the throne room, where we all sat on the thrones of our domains. He looked nervous as he should be meeting the ten most powerful beings in existence save for Chaos, who had met us saying she approved of our plan, so we have no opponents to worry about as we could have challenged the gods as demigods. Now, well, it will be a slaughter. I grinned maliciously at that thought.

"So..." he cleared his throat, "My name is  Grayson Smith, son of the great god Pluto; who are all of you?" Grayson sounded bold and confident at the end, but when he started his sentence, he sounded scared.

Reyna leaned forward in her chair and spoke coldly, "We are known as primordials, That is, G, Ta,  C, N, P, E, H, Ai, An, and Te," she spoke, pointing at everyone as she said our primordial cover names. 

Upon hearing this, Grayson bowed, terrified as our powers flared to feel slightly more potent than the Olympian council, and said, "My lords and ladies, I apologize for not initially recognizing you all."

Jason responded threateningly, "You better be sorry." as his eyes bore into the demigod.

Grayson shuffled nervously and asked, "I am greatly sorry to bother you, but the gods sent me to Tartarus to retrieve the once great heroes who were banished for treason as they believe we need their help in an upcoming war. We do not need those ten traitors; we found better candidates to take their roles at the camps and in the hunt."

Upon hearing this, the temperature dropped by 10 degrees Celsius as we all looked at him murderously, and he flinched under our glares. 

After a few moments, Piper spoke coldly, "We care not for the gods or their problems, but we know of the heroes you speak of." She looked at Frank and asked, "Ta, where are they?"

Frank, still glaring murderously at the son of Pluto, spoke, "They are currently stuck at the edge of Void being tortured by Kronos and his brethren; they are unreachable save for a magic summon and most likely unwilling to help."

"You are primordials, and he is a weak titan who was bested by that weak coward Perseus Jackson; you could obliterate him in an instant," the foolish child of the underworld spoke.

I glared daggers at him and spoke, "Perseus Jackson was and still is the most powerful demigod who ever lived. Do not speak poorly of a man you have never met."

Percy grabbed my hand and mind-messaged me, saying, "Now look who wants to kill the fool, but alas, you did make a valid point earlier; we still need him, so try not to make him combust from your power, please love." Upon hearing this, I reigned in my powers, which I hadn't realized were flaring to about as much as one of the big three when they were mad without me meaning to. 

Grayson, terrified, spoke nervously, "If the heroes are un-retrievable by normal means, I shall be on my way."

"Deliver a message, will you?" Leo said with a sadistic glint in his eyes. 

The boy nodded, and Nico said, "You must swear on the river Styx to say this message to the assembled council of gods as an Iris message is sent to the camps and the hunt before you tell anyone else."

Grayson responded, "I swear on the river Styx to say your message to the assembled council of gods as an Iris message is sent to the camps and the hunt before I tell anyone else."

We all grinned evilly as Leo said, "Tell the gods that we intend to see them fall one way or another; we will rule the world after we topple the thrones of the foolish gods. The betrayed heroes will watch as the gods are cast into the deepest parts of the pit for eternity."

The boy paled and looked like he wanted to wet himself, "Is.. is that your message, oh great primordials?"

"Yes, and one more thing, tell them 'it has begun, '" Hazel said in a menacing tone. "Now leave us." She waved her hand, and he was teleported to the exit/entrance of the pit. The boy ran as if his life depended on it to his father's palace.