chapter eleven • clothing calls

Ivy Matthews

Ivy Matthews

Throughout the next day at school, I get a bunch of texts from my aunts and uncles about my new "boyfriend" which makes the otherwise boring and repetitive day of classes just slightly more exciting.

From Auntie Aubrey: ur boyfriend is adorable😍😍

From Auntie Aubrey: totally auntie aubrey approved👍

From Auntie Ridley: how are you gonna break the news to ryder that you two can no longer get married and have loads of babies??

From Auntie Ridley: im jk you two are the cutest thing! totally in love just like your parents were in highschool

From Uncle Trent: Tell the kid i'll break his face if he touches you

From Uncle Jack: You seem happy, kid, good on you.

During class breaks, I shoot out responses to all of them and get ready to walk over to my last class of the day.

US History.

I've already pre-talked myself off the cliff and I'm feeling pretty confident in my tutor and my studying that I can do pretty well on the test. Unlike my Biology teacher, this teacher takes forever to grade our tests so I probably won't get that back for a couple of days. I try to shove the test out of the forefront of my mind the second the paper hits the turn-in basket.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Once the school bell finally rang I was running out of the classroom and bursting at the seams while I waited for Dylan at her locker. So ready to get back to my house and put together some outfits for our new video.

A new brand recently reached out to us to do a sponsored video. With Valentine's day approaching, we seized the opportunity to order almost everything pink and red on the website that we could possibly turn into an outfit.

I got a text from my mom that a bunch of packages had been delivered for me a couple of hours ago and ever since I've barely been able to sit still or pay attention in class.

The two of us practically drag Jackson into the car so we can get home faster. I'm jittery and excited in my seat while Dylan has one of her rare face-splitting smiles as we talk about all the cute combinations we are gonna be able to make with all the clothes the brand sent us.

Jackson buts in a couple of times with, "bla bla bla all you guys ever talk about is clothes," and "how much longer is the drive? I don't think I can hear you two gossip about your outfits for another second."

The car turns onto our street and once we reach the house he's the one bursting out of the car, already upstairs and into his room by the time we close the door behind us. The two of us discard our school stuff and work together to carry our two heavy packages full of clothes in the doorway up to my room.