Chapter 14: A Chemical Reaction

Start from the beginning

My mouth hung open at how accurate he was. A million thoughts were running through my mind and all of them were about Oliver. Oliver when I first saw his unbelievably blue eyes, Oliver when he saved me in the bar and drove his ugly Twingo even when he hated driving. Oliver when he wore his silly clothes. Oliver when he agreed to do the interview despite hating social interactions, Oliver when he wanted to keep the beard but strangely ended up shaving it, despite his deep attachment to it. Oliver who almost kissed me in the car. Oliver who had a perfect body, perfect height, perfect smile...

Then I thought about how Oliver and his strange sense of humor. Oliver who worshipped cats. Oliver who made my heart beat twice as fast. Oliver who loved donuts and hated vegetables but made an effort to eat healthy just because I asked him to.

In only the span of two weeks, I hardly knew Oliver, and yet, I knew enough to know how great a person he was. The silent efforts he made, the small things he didn't do for recognition but out of true kindness... Without even realizing it - or perhaps I did but had been in profound denial - I was slowly falling for his charm.

"You're out of your mind," I blurted.

A terrible silence followed. That had to be the stupidest thing I could say. Not only would it hurt his feelings, but I was so insecure about my emotions that I was putting the blame on him. I panicked and wanted to say something, to apologize, to tell him that the cluster of emotions building inside was making me irrational, but the words were stuck in my throat.

He opened his mouth, then closed it. To my relief, he didn't seem offended, but he did look surprised. Hurt almost. But whatever vulnerability he revealed vanished as quickly as a heartbeat, and his face turned neutral. He gave me a look that I couldn't quite read, but for some reason, it made me embarrassed and ashamed, as if he knew my words were nothing but a kick of my poor defense mechanism.

"Maybe I am crazy." He paused, and I held my breath when his blue eyes focused on me, pulling me in like magnets. "And you might be the cause of it. I've never wanted to mess someone up so badly."

My stomach quenched and I gulped.

Mess me up as in mess up my hair, or mess me up as in tear off my clothes and pin me to the counter? Before I could ask, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked down at the screen. It was a message from the camera team saying they were almost done setting up the equipment.

"We should go or we'll be late for the interview," I whispered thoughtlessly. Oliver seemed to have snapped out of his trance and had a blank expression on his face. He slowly pulled away, bringing his attention to the sink.

"Right."

"I... I'll wait for you in the batmobile."

I grabbed the keys and dashed out of the apartment, running to the parking lot and finding refuge behind the driver's wheel. I pressed my forehead against the black leather and clutched my racing chest. My cheeks felt red and my ears were hot. Adrenaline was still coursing through my veins. Blood was pounding against my eardrums.

I looked down, and to my horror, realized that I was hard. Was it Oliver's touch that made me excited? The heat of his body and the depth of his eyes? Our brief but intense proximity? Or was it his ambiguous words that made my imagination go wild?

"What's going on with me?" I muttered to myself. I knew the answer but chose to ignore it once again, closing my eyes while trying to steady my breath. I pressed my hand against my erection, mentally begging it to calm down.

A chemical reaction. It's nothing more than a chemical reaction.

✏✏✏

Please don't forget to leave a vote!

I also posted early updates on my Patreon. If you want to be a few chapters ahead, you can click the link in my bio :)

Enjoy these memes 💕

WHO'S EXCITED FOR OLIVER'S INTERVIEW?

*rubs hands with grin*

It's going to be something 😌