Prologue

"Daddy? Why isn't mommy back yet?"

A young boy stared up at his father. The boy had platinum blond hair that fell down his face in messy waves, bright green eyes, and light skin. He was also rather small for his age, making him look around 5 instead of 6. In contrast to his son, the father was tall and stony with dark brown hair swept to the left, pale skin, and brown eyes closer to black.

"She's not coming back." He responded simply. He saw no point in sugar-coating it. Misako had said many times before that she was done, that she wasn't coming back. But she always did. Well, she had.

But when she threw her wedding room out the window. When the collection of animal glass figures he'd gifted her over the years were thrown down from the shelf, the shattered blades of expensive glass littered across the hardwood floor. She had meant it.

It took Lloyd's young brain a few moments to process this. "What do you mean? She has to come back. She's married to you and she's my mommy. She has to help take care of us."

Garmadon waved Lloyd off, standing up from the couch. "Well she's gone. Now get ready for school. Mary will be here to take you soon. I've got to get to work."

It wasn't until later that Lloyd found out what this "work" was. Soon Lloyd reached the age of nine, and all Lloyd wanted was to be recognized by his father.