Beauty & the Beast

01

Bryan Bellamy, a 6'2 beast of a man, was the star football player for Courtland Highschool, he was the one to look out for across the school, everybody everywhere knew that the baby faced brown eyed boy would be wearing an NFL jersey soon. He was truly a blessing to the mighty Courtland Titans, he was not the regular run of the mill kid, and Courtland was not your regular run of the mill inner city school.

Everybody went to Courtland.

Naturally it was filled with gang fights, school threats, babymama-babydaddy drama, and the pedophilic teachers ran rampant. Courtland was at the end of the street across the Kingland bridge, separating two hoods, on the corner of Meridian and Prince street, the marker for the cut off between the sides of town called Princetown and the Brickyard. The Brickyard was home to the notorious Miller Men, named after their deceased leader, Zachary Miller, and the subset for the younger men in training, The Brickyard Boys gang. Princetown was home to a group of men calling themselves Kingland Kingz, their younger subset, the Black Rock Boyz, and a vicious girl gang called the Diamond Girlz. The Kingz were known for their violent nature and the sheer terror the og's caused to their enemies. Stories got told about the Kingz, stories of set ups, murders and a number of other things that made them who they were. One thing was sure about the Kingz, they were men made from pure pain and pressure, as were their women- hence the name Diamondz.

Through all the darkness surrounding Courtland, there was still light.  That light was named Mahzianna Bennett. She was on the fast track to being valedictorian, always being on the honor roll, and being heavily involved in her school, Mahzianna was the face of Courtland High, and what a beauty she was. The school did yearly pageants for every class and Mahzianna had an undefeated reign being Ms Courtland High. Her streak of success would be complete if she won the crown next year, senior year. As a Junior, Mahzianna considered not even running, she had better things to do like prepare for SAT and figure out what college she would call home after her Highschool glory days were over.

As expected, Mahzianna and Bryan became the school's power couple in no time. The king of the football field, and the queen of Courtland belonged together, it was only right that the beauty fall in love with the beast and love out their fairytale. The only problem seemed to be Bryan's opportunities quickly becoming more important than his relationship with Mahzianna. He was a senior, being scouted and given full rides to the best universities because of his athletic abilities, while Mahzianna was a busybody junior, trying to make the pieces of her life fit with the pieces of Bryan's life.

"Just wait it out, Mahzianna." Angela Bennett, Mahzianna's mother said.

"Ma, excuse my French, but I'm the baddest bitch in Courtland! I can't take it anymore!" Mahzianna sighed, falling dramatically onto her mom's bed. "He keeps saying he got his head in the game but when is he gon give me some head?!"

"Mahzianna, baby, you gave that boy your virginity. You let him have something that niggas been wanting from you, something of value. That lil pussy got power, Mahzianna. You have the power in this relationship, he'll move when you say move." Angela shrugged. "Head in the game or not, and when you say jump he needa to be asking how high. If he don't then well, you've learned a valuable lesson about lesser men."

"I'm tryna be considerate of his career and everything but I'm irritated with being a second thought and not the first." Mahzianna sighed.

"Babygirl. Chin up." Angela commanded, doing a quick up motion with her long acrylic nails. "Don't get down and out, just focus on yourself, focus on your work, focus on your crown, sweetheart."