"We have something for you, Jodha begum!" he said abruptly and went to a chest. He took out a small packet of dark red velvet entwined with a silk cord. He handed it to her. She looked at him questioningly.

"Open it!" he urged her. Carefully, Jodha untied the silk cord and unwrapped the velvet. Revealed was the dagger he had given her that night in Agra! She stroked the finely crafted handle with the desert rose blossom in admiration. He put his hand on hers. She looked at him.

"It was stolen from you in Agra and is yours! As you are excellent with the sword, surely you can handle the dagger." He smirked. She looked at him, startled. Had he recognised her? "We expect a display of your skill in Agra!" She tried to withdraw her hand from him, but he held it tightly.

"Shahenshah, we do not...!" she blushed.

"We recognised you!" he smirked. "Your handling of the sword is impressive! Very effective! You are well trained! Let's talk more about this in Agra."

"Jahanpanah! Chugtai Khan, Abdul Khan and Fadhil Khan have arrived!" the guard announced.

"Let them in!" regretfully he let go of her hand.

"Salam aleikum, Jahanpanah!" greeted Chugtai Khan and Fadhil.

"Salam Jalal! Jalal, what happened?" Abdul asked concerned.

"There are serious riots near Agra. Villages have been set on fire. The situation is opaque. Atgah Khan requests our immediate return to Agra! The riots could spread and reach Agra! Abdul, you come with us. Put some trustworthy sipahee on standby. We will leave for Agra immediately. Chugtai Khan, you will ensure the safe return of the ladies to Agra with Fadhil Khan. You will travel via Amer and take Adham Khan and Sharif-ud-Din with you! Make sure that they do not escape! Prepare everything, the ladies shall want for nothing! Coordinate with Fadhil Khan and Kunwar Bhagwant Das! Khuda hafiz!" Abdul looked from Jalal to Jodha. He regretted that Jalal had been separated from Jodha in this way on his first night. How he had longing to the wedding. He had hidden it well, but it had not escaped Abdul's notice. They left the tent.

"Jodha begum! We have to go!" regretfully, Jalal looked at her. "Our tent is yours! You will find everything you need. Your things have already been brought here. "He reached for her hands.

"Shahenshah! May the Deities hold their protective hand over you! Go! See to the safety of Agra!"

"Jodha begum!" Their eyes met. And with one swift movement, he pulled her into his arms and hugged her to him. She returned his embrace. For seconds they enjoyed each other's closeness.

"Shahenshah!" she broke away from him. "You have to go!"

"Delbaram!" he said with hoarse voice and looked deep into her eyes. She blushed deeply and lowered her head. "Delbaram! Look at me!" He placed his finger under her chin and slowly raised her head.

"We very much regret our first night end so abruptly!" He gently placed his hands on her cheeks and tenderly brushed her forehead with his lips. Then he took her hands in his again and squeezed them.

"Khuda hafiz, Jodha begum! See you in Agra!"

With a last longing gaze in her wonderful hazel eyes he grabbed his shamsheer and left! Jodha looked after him gloomily. What a beginning to their marriage! Hardly married, he left her again! What was the meaning of this? A tear came loose and trickled down her cheek. Worried and tired, she lay down on the bed. The pillow smelled of his scent. She breathed him in deeply and tried to sort out her feelings. He drew her irresistibly. He triggered something in her that she could not grasp. His anger had frightened her. This was the other face of Jalal-ud-Din Muhammad! Hard and unyielding like steel. The Jalal-ud-Din that everyone feared! The man who was so charming, who had kissed her so tenderly! She blushed when she thought of it. She had enjoyed the feeling of his lips on hers, his closeness, his warmth. The butterflies in her stomach began to flutter again at the thought! She smiled sheepishly. Her hand began to tingle. The familiar soothing feeling spread through her. Tired, she closed her eyes. Tomorrow she would take care of everything.