Chapter 9

Din Panah - chamber of Adham Khan

"Now I should keep an eye on the little toad" Adham Khan was furious, "it's always about Jalal! Jalal, Jalal, Jalal! I am her biological son. I should be more important to her. She should finally procure me a troup command. I'm tired of only standing in the 2nd row. I am an excellent warrior ". He paced around angry in his room.

"What has your mother come up with now?" asked his friend Sharif-ud-din Hussain

"I'm supposed to tail Jalal and tell her where he's going when he leaves the fort. I don't know what she's up to again. What do I care when the little toad plays with his elephants? "

With a hateful look, he dropped onto a stool and poured himself a goblet of wine.

"Mhh, maybe that's not that stupid. In this way we maybe come to informations that we can use for our own benefit or we can put ourselves in the right light", Sharif mused.

"What should there be to our advantage already?" Adham growled and drained the goblet in one gulp.

"We could officially accompany our young ruler and dribble honey in his ear," Sharif interjected mockingly. „If we do it right, we could get Bairam Khan's attention and, who knows, maybe even lead to a troup command in the next battle. After all, he has the reins in his hand, " Sharif mused aloud.

"You're right," muttered Adham pensive. "A troup command, victory, booty, wealth, women, ...". His face twisted into an ugly grin.

"Who knows, maybe even subedar of a province" Sharif continued the thread. "Let's make the best of the situation Adham".

"You're right. We could use the toad in our favor!"

The both young men laughed spiteful and toasted their plan.

Maham Anga had overheard to the conversation between the two young men and entered Adham's room.

"Adham, you are my only son. Have patience and don't rush into anything. I will make sure that you get what you deserve. Have patience my son ".

Adham and Sharif looked at each other, caught.

"Don't do anything stupid. Let me thread that, "she implored the two of them. "I will use my influence on Jalal. But that doesn't happen overnight. That has to be considered carefully. As long as Bairam Khan wields the scepter, we must be careful. But we can plan the first steps ".

Jalal's chambers

"Khan Baba, are the preparations running for the falcon hunt?"

"Of course my son. All are instructed to do their work."

"Outstanding. It's going to be a wonderful day" said Jalal.

Bairam Khan didn't move his face. He had to ask the boy why he had met the Rajputs.

"Jalal, I heard you ride out every morning. Do you have enough soldiers with you?"

"What do you ask Khan Baba, nothing remains hidden from you. You know everything that's going on in the fort, "Jalal replied unwillingly.

Bairam was astonished at the boy's unwilling tone. Again he wondered what he was hiding from him.

"Why are you meeting the Rajputs" asked Bairam Khan suddenly in a sharp tone.

Jalal was surprised by his mentor's sharp tone.

"We met and talked on the way. The men impressed me with their courage. You remember the incident when I tried to calm the angry elephant? They just stood there fearlessly when the elephant stomped on them. Since we had the same route, we rode together. It would be desirable to have such allies. One say they are very loyal. "

"What are you hiding from me? You didn't tell me everything. But I'll find out, " thought Bairam Khan. But he didn't reply and changed the subject.

"Jalal, let's talk about your education" Bairam Khan steered the conversation in a different direction. "When was the last time you practiced with the sword?"

Bairam Khan involved the young ruler in a conversation about weapons and warfare. He worked tirelessly to train Jalal to be an indomitable cruel warrior, a ruler with an iron hand, without scruples and feelings. At his tool of power, that he could direct according to his will.

Precap
Message...