Protection From The Moon

You felt hungry, but Arthur said he wouldn't be back for another two hours.
He said you couldn't leave your room, it was locked from the outside but surely you could get out.
You walked up to it and tried the handle. It didn't work so you stood back a little and kicked the handle as hard as you could.
Luckily it was an old door so it opened easily.
You snuck downstairs to the mess hall, but it was short-lived when one of Harrow's guards spotted you.

"Thought you were supposed to stay in your room." He said as you stopped in your tracks.

"I'm just hungry, I just want some food and then I'll go back." You said as he grabbed you by your upper arm roughly.

"No! Let go! I just want food!" You shouted trying to break free.

"What's going on here? Y/N, why are you out?" Arthur said as you looked up to see him enter.

"I just wanted some food!" You whined as you struggled in the man's grip.

"Y/N, back in your room. I'll bring you some food." Arthur said as you glared at him but the guard dragged you away.
He threw you back into your room and you fell to the floor, groaning in pain.
You grumbled and sat on the ground against your bed and waited for Arthur.
The door opened and you saw Arthur entering with a plate full of food.

"I'm sorry I left you so long, dear. But you know the rules. You can't be running around here without me." He said handing you the food as you pouted.

"Everyone else wanders around freely, why can't I?" You grumbled as he sighed and sat on the bed above you.

"We've been over this. If your secret got out they would hurt you and kill you, Y/N. I know keeping you here goes against everything I believe in but I can't let you go. Your scales are unbalanced, but I believe if I keep you here I'll keep you safe from ever doing anything bad. You're too precious to let go." He whispered, gently running his hand through your hair.

"I'm sorry..." You whispered sadly making Arthur sigh.

"It's okay, Y/N. I just need you to promise me you won't do this again." He replied as you nodded slowly.

"I promise." You said making him smile.

"Good girl."

--

You were so bored, there was nothing to do in this God-forbidden room.
You heard a ruckus downstairs and immediately leapt up.
It was so loud, suddenly the door came crashing down, knocking you into the wall behind.
You groaned and shoved the wooden door off you, looking up to see a jackal and a man fighting it.

"Help!" You sang out as he quickly rushed over to you.
He got the door off of you before he got ripped away.
You quickly stood up and grabbed him off the floor, pulling him out of the room.

"Let's get the fuck out of here!" You shouted dragging him along.
You both ran as fast as you could out onto the street.
You tripped over and the jackel grabbed you before you saw a flash of white.
The jackel was thrown off you and you looked up to see Moon Knight.
Arthur had told you about him.

"Who are you?" He asked as you backed away.

"No! No, Arthur told me you'd kill me!" You shouted as he knelt and looked at you.

"I saw you locked away in that room back there. Who do you think is the true monster?" He asked before you heard the jackal coming back.

"Stay right here, I'll come back." He said as you nodded and backed against the alleyway wall, watching Moon knight chase the jackal away.

After about 7 minutes the man from before came back.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." He said holding his hand out to you as you gently took it.
He helped you up and looked into your eyes.

"I'm Marc." He said as you nodded.

"Y/N." You replied.

"Y/N!" You heard a voice shout as you looked behind to see Arthur.
Marc grabbed your wrist and pulled you against him.

"Y/N, get away from that man right now." Arthur said sternly, you were about to walk towards him before Marc gripped you rougher.

"No." He said as you looked up at him.

"He's the one that will hurt you." Marc whispered into your ear.

"I don't know who to believe." You whispered as Marc's hand went to your hip.

"I'll give you anything you need, I'll protect you." Marc tempted as you closed your eyes.

"Shh, you don't need to think anymore." He whispered before everything went black.

--

"Are we sure this was the best idea?" You heard a voice say as you groaned and slowly opened your eyes.

"Arthur?" You questioned, feeling a hand go through your hair.

"Shh, it's okay." A British voice said as you looked up to see moon knight.

"I'm Steven, Marc brought you here. So you would be safe from Arthur." He said as you looked up at him.

"Arthur said you'd hurt me, or kill me because I'm bad." You whispered as he looked at you in confusion.

"What do you mean, love?" He asked softly.

"My scales aren't balanced, Arthur saved me instead of killing me. But he said that if anyone found out they'd hurt me." You replied as he looked at you sadly.

"Only Arthur's followers would hurt you if your scales aren't balanced. Mine aren't balanced either." He said smiling softly.

"Arthur did keep locked up for a long time." You muttered bringing your knees to your chest and sitting up.
Steven reached forward and gently ran his hand over your cheek.

"He shouldn't have done that, love. You're not evil at all, I haven't known you very long but you've been wonderful so far." He said making you blush a little.

"You'll protect me now?" You whispered making him smile.

"Yes, love. All of us will."