MarcSteven - Sleep now

"Marc." Steven whispered as he felt tears run down his cheeks.
He was still in his bed in his apartment, but he'd woken up from a nightmare and felt like he couldn't even move. He was in a sitting position and his shaky hands reached into the bedside table to pull out a small compact mirror that he opened and looked into.

"You there?" He whispered in a weak voice as the reflection nodded and he knew Marc was with him.

"I saw the dream Steven." Marc said as Steven hiccuped a little and began to cry.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." He whispered as Marc looked at him sadly.

"Steven, it was just a nightmare. You didn't actually hurt me. I'm right here aren't I?" Marc replied as Steven nodded slowly.

"It was so real, I couldn't control myself. I was so angry, then you were there and I attacked you. I couldn't stop, then...then I hurt you. I didn't mean to." Steven whispered helplessly, if Marc were there he could just wrap his arms around Steven and make sure he wasn't alone. But he couldn't, all he could do was talk to Steven through the reflection.

"Steven look at me." Marc said as Steven began muttering and shaking his head not looking at Marc.

"Steven, look at me please." Marc asked softly as Steven looked up into the mirror.

"I've got you okay? You didn't hurt me, it was a bad dream and I promise I'm not angry. I promised I would protect you didn't I?" Marc whispered as soft as he could as Steven nodded.

"Let's just focus on your breathing buddy, just slow it down. Like I showed you." Marc said as he began to breathe slowly hoping Steven would copy him.
Steven began to mimic his breaths as he started to calm down.

"Lay back down, you're exhausted Steven." Marc whispered, Steven nodded and laid down on his side resting the mirror next to him where they could face each other.

"I'm afraid to sleep Marc." Steven whispered as Marc offered him a small smile.

"I know, but it's going to be alright I promise. You don't need to be scared when I'm here with you. I've always got you." Marc whispered making Steven smile a little.

"Thank you Marc." He whispered before slowly falling asleep into a peaceful slumber knowing Marc was protecting him.