Marc - Friends On The Inside

Life was lonely, you weren't alone that was for sure but you were lonely.
You worked as a 'maid' inside a small village.
Well, a cult village run by the one and only Arthur. But you didn't really have anywhere else to go.
If you left this place you would be in danger. At least here you could get food and money and you thanked the gods that your scales had balanced and Arthur didn't kill you.
Another thing that made your life hard and another reason Arthur liked you was because you were mute. A long time ago you had an accident and it was either lose your voice or your life.

"Y/N, lovely to see you." You heard a voice say while you were hanging out the washing.
You turned around and smiled seeing Arthur. You waved at him making him smile.

"Are you having a good morning?" He asked as you nodded and hung out the last piece of clothing.

"I would like to talk to you about something. Join me for a walk?" He asked as you placed the basket down and nodded following behind him.

"Everyone within this village, as you would know, has tattoos on their wrists to unite us all. Would you be willing to do the same?" He asked as you thought for a bit.
To be honest you didn't really want to, but you were scared to say no.

"You can say no if you want, there's no pressure." He said as you stopped and looked at him.

'Can I have time to think about it?' You signed making him smile and nod.

"Of course you can, Y/N. You just let me know whenever you're ready." He said as you smiled and nodded, signing 'thank you' to him.

"Come join everyone for breakfast, dear."

--

After breakfast you helped clean up the tables before deciding to go for a walk around the village.
You often what would happen when Arthur succeeded in freeing Ammit, you knew you would be safe but so many others wouldn't be.
You sighed and sat down on a small bench just on the border of the village.
You were deep in thought when you saw a pair of men's shoes stop in front of you.

"It's not really safe around here." He said in an American accent as you looked up at him.

"Do you live here?" He asked as you nodded a little.
He glanced down at your wrist.

"No tattoo?" He asked making you feel uncomfortable.
Yet still you looked up at him and shook your head.
You slowly and cautiously stood up and backed away a bit.

"It's okay, I'm not here to cause any trouble. I'm just trying to get information on Arthur. I'm sure you know him." He said as you kept your head downcast and nodded.

"Are you able to talk?" He asked making you look up again and shake your head.

"I know sign language if you need to say anything." He offered as you nodded.

'Why are you here?' You asked as he smiled a little.

"Arthur isn't a good man and a lot of people are going to die if he succeeds. I serve Khonshu." He said as your eyes widened and you stepped back a bit.

'You're the moon knight.' You replied as he nodded.

"You don't need to be scared, I know Arthur has probably told you many things but I promise I won't hurt you. Are you follower of Ammit?" He asked as you glanced around to make sure there were no prying eyes or ears.
Once you were sure you were alone you shook your head.

"Why don't you leave?" He asked as you wrapped your arms around yourself and sighed.

'I'm not safe in the real world, here I can at least be fed and have a job.' You replied making him nod once more.

"Maybe we can help each other out. I can get you out of here and keep you safe, and in exchange you can help me get inside information on Arthur." He said as you glanced around once more, paranoid someone was listenin9gk.
Maybe you were insane but you looked will be into his eyes and nodded.

"Good, I'm Marc. What's your name?" He asked before you signed your name making him nod.

"Well, Y/N I'm looking forward to working with you. Just get whatever information you can get and write it down, I'll visit you each night." He said as you nodded and held out your hand for him to shake.

"I'll see you soon, Y/N."

--

You did your usual jobs around the village but made sure to stay around Arthur when he would have 'meetings.'
You kept a notebook with you at all times and would write down everything you would hear.
When you would get back to your room you would write it out again so you could give it to Marc.
You secured it in a letter and put it under your pillow before sleeping.
You woke up a few hours later feeling someone shake you softly.
You rubbed your eyes and opened them to see it was Marc in the moon knight costume.
You reached under your pillow and handed him the letter as he nodded.

"Thank you, Y/N. I'll see you same time tomorrow."

--

You continued on for about two weeks, giving Marc the information he needed.
But you knew eventually it would come to an end.
Marc came into your room like he normally did, but he found your bed empty.
He immediately knew Arthur had found out about his scheme.
He went back outside and entered into the main hall where he saw you gagged and tied to a chair with Arthur and two guards behind you.

"Let her go, she hasn't go anything to do with this." He growled as Arthur chuckled.

"I suppose the scales can be wrong sometimes. Y/N's were balanced, but yet here she is betraying me." Arthur said as you bowed your head and felt tears in your eyes.

"It's okay, Y/N. We have a deal and I won't go back on it." Marc said as you looked up at him.

"I really wish I didn't have to do this." Arthur said as you felt the barrel of a gun press to your skull. You closed your eyes and cried silently.
Marc acted quickly and killed both guards. You got up still tied to the chair and knocked Arthur over.
You also fell to the ground and Marc ran over to untie you.
You got up and he was about to kill Arthur before you stopped him and shook your head.
But Marc couldn't leave without anything, he slashed Arthur's leg open before grabbing you in his arms and running away.

--

You'd made it back to Marc's apartment and you sat on one of his couches trying to think.

"Did he hurt you?" Marc asked as the suit retracted.
You looked up and shook your head. You couldn't help but let tears fall from your eyes.
Marc leant down in front of you and looked at you.

"You did well, Y/N. You can stay here, I'll keep you safe. Or I should say we will." He said as you nodded.

'Arthur told me you have dissociative identity disorder.' You signed as he nodded and smiled.

"Well, Steven and Jake will be glad to keep you safe too." He said reaching forward to hold your cheek gently.
You smiled, leaning into his hand.
You hadn't felt affection in a long time.
And Marc hadn't felt attached to someone in a long time. Maybe it was Steven rubbing off on him but he just wanted to wrap you up and give you a cup of tea.

"You're safe now."