- Warm inside -

"Oh my god." You mutter as a puppy jumps on your lap.

Buzzfeed had asked you to do an interview with them last week and now you're finally here. With a bunch of husky puppies.

"Who was or is your favorite cast member from the black phone?" A woman asks from behind the camera.

You hum, not really hearing her, too busy playing with the puppies. "Oh, aren't you cute? Yes you are." You say, rubbing one of the puppies cheeks roughly.

"Y/n?"

Your head snaps in the direction, a small blush covering your face in embarrassment. "Sorry, what was the question?" You ask and the interviewer laughed.

"I asked who your favorite cast member from the black phone is?" She says.

"Oh," you say, nodding. "Mason." You say, patting more puppies. "Definitely Mason."

The interviewer nods. "Your boyfriend."

"Mhm." You mutter, paying more attention to the puppies than her.

Oh my god they're so cute.

"I wanna take these home with me. They're all so adorable aww!" You squeel a little when the puppies come attack you with cuddles, jumping on your lap and chest.

The interviewer laughs before continuing with her questions.

"Okay, someone asked what you hate most in your life."

You hum in thought, looking up at the ceiling as puppies lick your bare arms.

"I'm gonna have to say when I leave my hair up while I'm asleep. I hate it. Cause then I wake up and my head hurts from the ponytail and- ugh it just sucks." You grumble, frowning before patting the puppies.

The interviewer laughs a little before looking at the card. "Okay there's a few more questions and I'll let you play with the puppies some more before we go."

You nod, waiting for her to ask away.

+++

"Mason! I'm here!" You yell through the empty house, kicking your shoes off before walking around to search for him.

"In here!" You hear him yell from his room, causing you to smile before jogging towards the bedroom.

"Hello." You drag out, flopping on his bed, Mason laughing at your actions, wrapping his arms around you.

"Hello." He mutters, kissing your head and rubbing your arms. "I saw your interview with the puppies." He smiles.

You smile brightly, sitting up. "It was so fun, they're so cute it's not even funny. I thought I was going to explode from some sort of cuteness overload." You say and Mason laughs.

"I could tell, you were barely paying attention to the poor interviewer." He says and you laugh, shrugging.

"Puppies are cuter, they're more important than questions. We should get a puppy." You say and Mason laughs.

"Y/n, we don't even live together." He chuckles, shaking his head.

You shrug. "We'll make it work, think of it as we're divorced parents and we both get the kid for a week each or some shit like that." You say and Mason shakes his head, laughing.

"No love, you're gonna have to wait until we're living together." He says and you pout a little before nodding.

"Alright then. Where's everyone else?" You ask, referring to his family.

Mason leans against his headboard, looking at you.

"Uh, mom and dad went on some road trip to see my dad's friends, and Brooke is at her friend's house for the night." He says and you nod.

"Sleepover?" You ask causing Mason to send you a cheeky smile and nod.

"We should watch Christmas movies and make hot chocolates." You add and Mason shakes his head.

"Its November y/n, it's too early for that." He says and you shake your head, grabbing his hand and pulling him from the bed.

"Its never to early for Christmas." You say, dragging him to the kitchen, his laughs trailing from behind you.

+++

Mason smiles at you as he spots your eyelids closed, The Polar Express playing on the T.V, both of your empty mugs sitting on the coffee table.

"Goodnight love." Mason whispers, bringing his arm around your back, giving it a rub before kissing your head. He brings his hand up to your ponytail, tugging the hair tie softly from your head and letting your hair flop back down your back.

He smiles, wrapping the hair tie around his wrist before softly moving your hair from your face, giving your head a small rub where the ponytail once was.

"Sweetdreams y/n." He whispers before reaching over to the remote and turning the TV down so the noise doesn't wake you, watching the movie while you sleep safely on his chest.

This is what he loved most in life. Spending time with you, not a care in the world, the feeling of Christmas sneaking around the corner giving everyone that warm and fuzzy feeling inside.