Chapter 6

Arriving at the ring dinner, Eleanor, Drea and I swiftly greeted each other before joining our groups. Immediately, Max dragged us away for a photo.

"Smile!"

After that, we sat down at the tables and waited. Drea went to put the drugs into the soup as they started the announcement.

"Welcome, Welcome seniors!" he exclaimed
"You one handsome-looking son of a bitch, Broussard!" yelled his friend, Elliot, and everyone cheered
"Elliot Tanners, ladies and gentlemen. Love you, buddy! More than friends." he then resumed his little speech "Now, when you wear these rings, I want you to remember all the lessons that you learned here. I want you to remember the friendships that you made, your memories of this place. When you wear these rings, I want you to remember that you are, and you always will be... a Rosehill Tiger. Let's go, Tigers! Hope you have a sick winter break. Wonderful, wonderful holidays. Happy New Year's. But first, I'm gonna turn the stage over to our resident Ina Garten. Carissa Jones, everyone."

He left and Carissa took center stage.

"Hi, everyone. Uh, I am so honored to have made this feast for you all tonight. I really hope you enjoy it. And, uh, with that, let me take you on a journey of umami."

As the food arrived, we didn't eat any, knowing it was drugged, and Eleanor dragged me to the bathroom, locking us both in a stall.

"Pretty tight in here, eh?" I laughed quietly
Before Eleanor could answer though, Drea arrived "Eleanor? Ophelia?"
Eleanor kicked opened the door "It's not working!"
"It'll be fine, okay?" I reassured her "Everyone devoured their cassoulet. It's gonna work."
"Shit!" I exclaimed, taking Drea and locking the door after her, mere seconds before more girls arrived in the bathroom

"Oh my God! Bitch, get up. What is wrong with you? Get off the floor. It's so gross. Is anyone else feeling weird?" said one with an odd, kind of delirious laugh
"I feel floaty. I feel like a... like a little butterfly. Oh no." responded the other
"My pupils are fucking massive"
"My pupils are huge" 

After that, they left and so did we, only to find everyone completely drugged and acting crazy. Eleanor went to steal Max's phone and Drea and I hurried to the library where we set up her computer.

"Hello there, my little tech wiz" I said, arriving on a rolling chair and colliding with the desk. "I see you have Max's phone. Is the download complete?"
"It's processing, revenge mommy"
"Very good"
"Oh my god" exclaimed Eleanor in half disbelief "Is the headmaster going to the greenhouse?"
"It's called double assurance, sweetie." Drea smirked "Look it up." 

We watched as they broke in and found the drugs Carissa was growing.

"Are you on mushrooms?" I asked after Eleanor had seemed woozy
"Maybe..." she smiled "Are you?"
"Yeah" I laughed "Drea?"
"Me too. One down, one left to go."
"Do you feel amazing?" I asked
"Incredible. I know it's bad, but watching them escort Carissa away was, like, one of the best moments of my life."