𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟿: 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢'𝚜 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚍, 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕

Depuis le début

Annabeth steers them closer and closer...

And then the jazzy stops. She turns it off and then turns it back on.

It moves another foot and then stops.

"Oh my god," she groans at the little red light blinking on the dashboard.

"What?" Percy asks.

"We're toast. Jazzy's dead."

He whips his head around, shock in his ocean-green eyes. "Wait, like we drove it in the rain and it's broken forever?"

"No," Annabeth says. "I think it just needs to be charged. At least, we're going to tell ourselves that."

"So we're going to have to centipede up the library stairs?" he asks. "Alright, bring it on. What do we have?"

Annabeth shows him the broken cue stick.

"Okay, so that, plus my chicken sandwiches and blanket gets us... Shit, absolutely nothing. Can you reach the banister from here?" he asks.

The handrail on the library steps is not close enough for Annabeth to reach. She doesn't have a full stick to pole-vault it with, and even if she did, her lady parts do not like that risk.

They are completely and utterly screwed.

"So much for that really awesome plan I wasn't going to tell you about until we got to the library stacks," Annabeth quips.

"Did it involve knocking shelves over like dominos?"

"Perhaps."

And then, like a spooky castle in an old-timey movie, the doors to the library open. Yes, it's probably because someone pushed the automatic button, but it's still ominous.

And what do you know? Coming out of the library on wooden chairs centipede-style is Jason and Frank. It's a miracle.

"Over here!" Percy shouts, throwing the blanket off his head and waving his arms like a man overboard.

Annabeth pulls the blanket out from over her head. Holy crap, this blanket has a hood on it. Now she understands why Percy wanted to pick it up so badly. She is wearing the blanket like a Harry Potter villain or something. She wouldn't know. She's only seen the movies.

"Can you toss us a couple of chairs or something?" Percy asks.

Frank cups his hands around his mouth to be heard over the rain. Maybe he looks like a Harry Potter character in his purple New Rome hockey rainjacket. Annabeth wouldn't know. She was blackout drunk when Piper put the movie on. "You can't enter Hazel's Island unless you swear to share the spoils of war with the rest of the allies!" Frank shouts.

"How are we supposed to share a plane ticket?" Annabeth asks.

Jason shrugs. "We're going to resell it to someone stupid and make a ton of money."

They can't resell that ticket to someone stupid! Someone stupid needs that ticket to get home to his mom and his adorable little sister and his stepdad named Paul.

"Why the hell does Hazel always turn into a badass when the campus is in chaos?" Percy asks.

"Why the hell does the campus in chaos turn you two on?" Jason retorts.

Annabeth gasps. "I'm just cold!" She is holding onto Percy's waist like a girl on a motorcycle because she is cold and she is sticking to that story.

"Why are you guys suddenly Communists?" Percy asks. That's quite a jump.

Frank stutters, "We can share the wealth and not be Communists!"