"Police business." She spoke calmly as she turned back to Diego.

"What the hell?" She snapped quietly.

"It was a bullet hole Ley." Diego replied firmly, not taking his eyes off the street as they scanned everywhere. "I can only assume one hit the tyre too."

Oakley took a small step back as she turned to the shopkeeper.

"Do you have a phone I can borrow?" She asked walking closer to him as her hand unclipped her police badge from her jeans and held it up.

He nodded slowly as he pointed to the phone hanging on the wall.

"Don't call the station!" Diego shouted from the door, his eyes refusing to look away.

"Who else do I call?!" Oakley fired back.

Diego was silent for a second before replying. "Call Evan and get him to bring the tools from your car, I gotta change that tyre."

Oakley nodded slowly as she began the call to the B&B, preparing to ask to be transferred to Diego's room.

*****

"The kid ain't dated a first responder before has he?" Evan asked quietly as he looked to where Ace was still trying to somewhat fuss over Oakley.

Diego shook his head as he continued working on changing the tyre. Evan had, of course, had his fuss and worry, but not to the extent of Ace, who couldn't process that someone had shot at her and Diego.

Oakley, however, didn't know how to react so she just allowed him to fuss, while trying to convince him she was okay.

"Hey so you think-"

BANG!

Evan's sentence was cut off by a loud bang filling the air.

Oakley instantly turned as she saw Diego, just about manage to stand up as he caught Evan.

The world going in slow motion as she saw the frantic look on Diego's face and the shocked one on Evan's

Ace tried to hold her back but she shoved him off, running straight towards where Diego was frantically trying to keep Evan awake.

Oakley saw the blood pouring from his back, dripping onto Diego's hands and the floor, as she ignored various screams around her from scared public.

The intense pain was clear on Evan's face as he attempted to talk, looking up at his sister and boyfriend before the world went dark for him.

*****

"YPU BETTER FUCKING SAVE HIM!" Oakley screamed through tears as Ace had both arms around her, trying to hold her back and down as the doctors quickly took her brother away, further down the hospital.

Diego slumped against the wall next to them as he watched Evan being wheeled away.

Oakley's screams and cries flooded his mind as he desperately tried to shut his eyes, facing his head against the wall.

"I told him to come..." Diego mumbled out, his head shaking hard against the wall.

"I fucking told her to call him." His mumbled turned to a murderous scream as his fist soon collided with the wall.

Ace looked between the frantic girl in his arms and the rage filled guy by his side, he had no clue how to react, only keep a steady grip on the girl before she swung for the nearest doctor.

"What the hell happened?!"

Ace turned as he saw Ashton running closer.

"Evan got shot." He managed to blurt out as he continued to struggle against Oakley.

"Shit." Ashton went straight for Diego and desperately tried to stop him from punching the wall over and over.

The pair struggled for what felt like an eternity as Oakley and Diego were not interested in being consoled.

Their rage only grew.

"LEY!" Diego managed to shout from Ashton's grip.

"WE KILL THEM!" Oakley fired out as her fist went straight into Ace's chest.

He instantly released her as her action even surprised him.

Diego instantly stopped fighting Ashton as he locked eyes with her. The pair shared a small nod as Ashton slowly released Diego.

"Call us the moment you know anything." Diego's voice was harsher than before.

Ace and Ashton could only nod slowly, neither knew what to say judging by the murderous looks on their face.

They never got the chance. Diego and Oakley instantly began walking away.

"Sorry." Ace mumbled as he watched them disappear, doctors moving out of their way.

"For what?" Ashton asked, slightly out of breathe.

"If that's what me and the guys are like when we fight." Ace mumbled, suddenly realising how hard it was to restrain someone loosing their temper.

Ashton shook his head as he took a step closer, placing a hand on Ace's shoulder.

"Forget it Merrill." He mumbled.

" He mumbled