Charlie

*****Chapter 12 - Charlie*****

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

*****
Chapter 12 - Charlie
*****

"We just need to talk to everyone and see if they mention the kneeling." Diego mumbled as he paced around Oakley's B&B room.

His was a couple down the hall but the pair had automatically gone into hers, talking and gently shoving each other along the corridor.

Oakley lay half sprawled out on the bed, listening as Diego continued to pace and mumble.

"They'll slip up sooner or later, they always do." He continued to mumble as he turned and stared down at her.

She was fast asleep.

Diego smiled slightly as he walked over, gently pulling the blanket from under her before he loosely chucked it over her.

"Night Ley."

*****

"We'll sort this, you know we-"

Diego's sentence was cut short as the pair walked into the police station and instantly saw a mild panic.

"What the hell happened here?" Diego fired out instantly as he went to the reception desk.

"Take a wild guess." Carter mumbled as he flicked through various sheets.

"Another one?" Oakley asked as she joined Diego's side.

Carter shook his head. "Worse. Attempted."

Diego and Oakley exchanged a look as Oakley's mind went instantly to Ace.

"I gotta take you to the hospital, Cap and Jasper and there now." Carter mumbled as he grabbed a file and came around from the desk.

"Who was it?!" Oakley blurted out as the three began walking out the station.

Carter gave her a small look. "Let's just say, the View seemed to have fought back."

Diego placed his hand on the small of Oakley's back in a way of attempting to comfort her as they rushed to the car and jumped in.

*****

"Charlie Hogan, cobra." The Captain started as he looked between Oakley and Diego.

"Killer seemed to have missed his head completely and went through his neck." He finished with a sigh.

The detectives looked through the glass at the sleeping cobra in the bed, tubes going in everywhere as his life was hooked up to the machine.