Kneel

*****Chapter 10 - Kneel*****

*****
Chapter 10 - Kneel
*****

It didn't take Ace long at all to make his final decision on Diego.

He didn't like him.

Yet he couldn't figure out why. This guy was the type of guy that all women wanted to have and all guys wanted to be.

Yet Ace wanted to hate him.

"We're going out." Oakley spoke as her and Diego turned and faced Ace and Ashton.

Ace instinctively stood up but Oakley shook her head.

"You can stay here with Ashton, he can keep an eye on you."

"He can?"

"I can?"

Ace and Ashton's questions came at the same time as Oakley nodded, picking up her car keys from the table.

"I'm sure Ace can behave for a few hours." Diego gave Ace a taunting smile.

He didn't like Ace either.

"I'm not a child." Ace spat back.

"Course not." Diego spoke with a smile, "Kids are better behaved."

Oakley reached out and grabbed Diego's jacket, quickly pulling him from the room before he could wind Ace up anymore.

"You ruin all the fun sometimes you know." Diego laughed out as Oakley pulled him outside.

"You were winding him up and you know it." She retorted as they walked to her car.

Diego shrugged slightly as he got in beside her. "Kinda funny when you saw the way he was looking at you then me."

"What way?" Oakley asked as she started the car.

"You didn't notice?" Diego scoffed out at her. "Call yourself a detective?"

Oakley glared slightly but reached out and smacked him as she drove along.

"So where is it you're wanting to go now we lost the kid?" Diego asked.

"The house the first victim was found. I barely got a proper look because the other officers had to get in and get the body out."

"And you haven't already been back there?" Diego asked. "Not like you."

Oakley shrugged slightly as she continued to focus on the road.