Chapter 2: The Leaky Cauldron

Lilith and Draco decided to head out for lunch to celebrate Draco coming home and to further catch up. Severus was out collecting potions ingredients for the new school year so he wasn't able to join them.  

They decided to head to The Leaky Cauldron, walking down Diagon Alley practically joined at the hip. They were just glad to be back together. They come up to the steps of the inn, Draco going to open the door for her. She blushes as she steps in and looks around.

She huffs, "Of course".  

She glares at a group of redheads sitting at one of the tables, looking like they're waiting for someone. Some of them seem to be reading a news clipping of some sorts.

Draco walks in behind her, "What's wrong?".

She crosses her arms, "The Weasley Clan are here".

He looks around and sighs, "Looks like they haven't noticed us yet. Let's not let them ruin our day together".  

She turns and smiles, "Yeah, you're right. Can you find us a seat? I need to go to the bathroom quickly".

He nods, "Sure".

She walks off towards the bathroom and Draco heads to one of the tables in the back corner of the pub. He sat down and a hunched man with black clothing came up to the table, holding menus.

The man bows slightly, "Mr. Malfoy, how nice of you to join us".

Draco nods, "Tom, good to see you again. Good business today I see?".

He nods, "Yes, quite. Are you dining alone?".

"No, I'm here with a friend, she's just gone to the-".

Lilith comes walking over, "Sorry about that".  

Draco smiles, "No problem at all, Lia. Tom, this is my friend Lilith Snape. Lilith, this is Tom. He owns the place".

She shakes his hand, "Nice to meet you, Tom. You've made quite the name for yourself here. I'm impressed".

"You're too kind, Miss. Snape. I do hope you enjoy your time here. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask. We'd be more than happy to accommodate you".  

She bows her head, "Thank you, Tom. Draco has told me good things about this place".

Tom places the menus down on the table, "I should hope so. I'm just glad people are still coming here, considering recent events".

Draco looks confused, "What recent events?".

Tom looks at them, slightly shocked, "You haven't heard?". They shake their heads and Tom shows them a newspaper clipping, "This was on the front page this morning. Everyone is being extra cautious now".  

They both read the article, eyes widening as they read

They both read the article, eyes widening as they read. There's no way this was actually happening right? This was definitely not the way they wanted to begin their Third Year.

Lilith grabs the clipping, "I've heard stories about Sirius Black". She turns to Tom, "Do you know anything about him?".

Tom sighs, "I only knew him as a student. He often came in here to have lunch with friends. After he graduated, I never saw him again until news broke out that he got arrested".

Draco nods, "Everyone knows about the House of Black and how powerful they are. If he's escaped from Azkaban...who knows what he's capable of".