Ch 35 | Feel Good

Y/N's POV:

"Oh my god, I'm stuffed," Kai exhales, slumping down onto the couch. "I'm never eating again."

"Mom's bringing your favorite cake," Sunny says, the life instantly returning to his eyes.

"Yeah, she made your favorite cake and not mine," you roll your eyes. You're thankful your parents didn't adopt Kai too because then you'd really be the least favorite child.

You sit down next to Kai but Yoongi heads for the kitchen to pour himself a whiskey and coke because he's so nervous. He froze up like a statue on the way back when he remembered your parents were coming over and hasn't said a word since. It's actually adorable how panicked he is because Min Yoongi has met multiple different presidents yet he's freaking out about meeting your mom and dad.

When he finally comes to sit down next to you his glass is already half empty. Kai and Jeffrey are a little tipsy themselves from the wine they drank at dinner and Yoongi's on his way there. They decide to flip the karaoke machine on and sing a few songs while waiting.

After about thirty minutes the door swings open and Jenna storms inside to throw herself on Jeffrey's lap. He goes into tickle monster mode and you feel Yoongi's body temperature rise in nervousness. Your mom and dad are next to come in through the door and he stands up when you do.

"Happy birthday, honey," Mom smiles at you, completely bypassing everyone to hug Kai. "And hello my favorite child."

"Do you have to be rude even on my birthday?" you huff, your dad quickly wrapping you into a hug.

"How can you blame me?" Mom frowns, pinching Kai's cheeks. "Just look at how handsome he- oh? Who is this?"

Yoongi clears his throat and steps up next to you, both your parents noticing his hand finding the small of your back. "Hi," he says in English. "I'm Min Yoongi."

"Oh he's the rapper guy!" your dad beams, stepping forward to shake his hand. Yoongi's shoulders instantly relax when they see how excited they are to meet him.

"Yoon-jee!" your mom squeals. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

"You as well," he chuckles, giving her a hug.

"Are you dating my daughter?" Dad asks bluntly, making Yoongi tense back up again.

"He's trying," Sunny chuckles. "[Y/N]'s playing hard to get."

Both of your parents look at you and ask, "Are you stupid?"

All the stress visibly evaporates from Yoongi's body as everyone laughs. He wraps his arm around your waist and you give him a small smile, because you knew they'd like him instantly. They don't have any idea what happened between you two and you plan to keep it that way.

Kai and Jenna jump up and down like kids on Christmas when they see the cake and of course it looks beautiful. Your mom loves to bake in her free time. Everyone gathers around the table and your parents continue to tell embarrassing stories from your childhood and all you can do is listen and cringe.

Your dad and Yoongi end up bonding over whiskey and you're pretty impressed Yoongi's able to keep up with so much English. He's definitely more fluent than he likes for the public to believe. After an hour, Jeffrey puts Jenna to bed and the real drinking begins. Sunny's the only one staying sober while Kai practically pours drinks down everyone's throats. It doesn't get crazy but you're definitely feeling pretty drunk by bedtime.

By the end of the night, Yoongi and your father are best friends. Dad asked a lot about Jhope and Yoongi had plenty of videos to share with him. They even drunkenly video called him at some point but you weren't paying much attention because Namjoon and Jimin had called around the same time to sing you happy birthday.