Family history

The Burns family was downtown to listen to the mayor talk about founders day.

"And that is why Horace Burns founded this town!" Mayor Lasky finished.

"Did we have to come, dad?" Evelyn whined.

"Yes Evelyn, now hush up!" Graham whispered.

"I'm just glad that there is no open flame this year, because last time it was a disaster!" Heatwave whispered to Chase who nodded.

"I quite agree!" Chase whispered back.

"But you should be grateful that you are learning about founders day, not many children across this great nation have that opportunity!" Chief knelt to Evelyn.

"I know, grandpa, but I don't see why we have to learn about it!" The young girl spoke, turning back to the mayor who had finished his speech.

"We can talk about it back at the firehouse!" Amy whispered to Evelyn.

———————

Back at the fire house, Chief got out of Chase and Chase transformed, as Boulder drove up, and Graham hopped out, followed closely by his wife and daughter.

Then came Kade, and Heatwave and Cody.

"So, I hear you want to learn about founders day or about Horace burns, who founded this lovely town well, do we have a story for you!" Blades spoke up as he and his partner came down to the bunker.

"Horace was an explorer from the mainland, our grandfather, your great great grandfather used to tell us stories about him," Graham explained, sitting down on the floor next to Evelyn.

"As I recall, grandpa used to tell me a bedtime story about when Horace met his wife, I used to really love that story and the way grandpa used to tell it was so very well told, don't you think Graham?" Dani asked.

"Yes, he did tell it extremely well!" Graham spoke, turning to his daughter.

"So, what is founders day?" Evelyn asked.

Blades gasped, covering his mouth with a servo.

"You don't know what Founders day is, Chase pull out the movie projector we are going to make a movie night." Blades addressed his police friend.

Chase obliged and got up from his position on the floor and got the movie projector and set it up so it would face the wall.

"I'll get the popcorn." Kade said getting up and running out of the bunker up to the kitchen to make the popcorn and get some soda.

"Will you not come join us, Heatwave?" Boulder asked.

"No, thank you I think I will go to see how CeCe is doing." Heatwave answered.

Chase shrugged as Kade came back with the popcorn in one hand and soda cans in the other than he gave one to Cody and sat down next to his brother.

What's with Heatwave, why won't he join us?" the redhead asked noticing that his partner was not around.

"He want to go to the lab, said he needed to check on CeCe!" Cody answered his brother.

Chief looked worried, but shrugged and turned on the projector than an old black-and-white movie started to play.

———————

Once at the lab, Heatwave transformed, seeing that the door to the lab was not open, he decided to knock, a few moments later, Frankie came out to open the door for him.

"Heatwave what are you doing here so late?" Frankie asked rubbing her eyes.

"Wanted to see your sister, is she around?" The firetruck asked.

"Yes, but it is better not to wake her although she does wander off sometimes so it may be best if you stay here tonight just in case." Frankie answered, letting Heatwave inside and closing the labs doors.

Heatwave let out a heavy sigh.

"What's wrong?" Frankie asked coming over.

"Nothing, back at the fire house they were just talking about founders day, because Graham's daughter never heard of it." Heatwave grumbled.

Then Doc came out of the living quarters into the garage.

"Oh, Heatwave I'm glad you're here after all, it appears, we may need your help after all CeCe keeps asking for you, I've asked her why she wants you specifically, but she hasn't given me an answer, I'll bring her down." Doc said as he disappeared back upstairs.

A short time later he and his 13-year-old daughter came downstairs, CeCe was dressed in a bright red jumper, and had bright red pants on.

She ran up to Heatwave and hugged his leg, Heatwave looked astonished, but smiled.

"Tell uncle Heatwave what do you want?" Heatwave asked coming down to her level.

CeCe just looked at Heatwave, but said nothing.

"This has been going on all evening, she says she wants you, but then says nothing when we ask her why." Doc let out a heavy sigh.

Heatwave rose to his full height again.

"Maybe I can ask Boulder, he's very good with autism, back on Cybertron there used to be a school for bots with autism." He spoke. "And then of course there was Cody's sister but unfortunately she died 17 years ago of complications due to her disability." Heatwave whispered.

"We go see her memorial every day, in town Square." Frankie spoke somberly.

——————

After Chase's lecture on the founders day, parade and founders day itself, the family disbursed and all went to their living quarters.

Cody and Chief was sitting in the kitchen and having tea.

"Frankie called earlier, we need to find a solution so that we can live together, for our son's sake." Cody took a sip of his tea.

"Yes, but remember my offer still stands, I am sure I will find some extra room down in the bunker." Chief patted his son on the back and then left.

"Did you go see Emily's memorial today?" Cody asked all of a sudden.

Chief stopped dead in his tracks, he had not heard his daughters name spoken in so long, it was almost too painful for him, he came to sit back down.

"Did you?" He asked.

"No, but Frankie said maybe tomorrow morning we could go over to town Square and look at the memorial together as a family, after all, I think Graham and Amy would like Evelyn to know who Emily was, I know that it has been 17 years but it is still hard to get used to." Cody said getting up and putting his dirty cup into the dishwasher and walking off with his hands in his pockets.

Chief looked after his son, and let out a heavy sigh, and let his head fall into his hands.
—————————
I hope that you enjoy this chapter and please remember to vote and comment.