Ch. 23: Lies and Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"I want him here Mother."

"I know Ally, I know." Alaesys did not speak on her father much anymore. She knew it never lead to any good and she especially had not spoken of him since she go to King's Landing. This was one of the biggest days of her life and she wished to share it with every single important person in her life. "Do not cry, the handmaidens would have your head for ruining their work."

Alaesys sniffles and laughed. She knew her father would be trying to steal her back to Dragonstone if he was here. If he were to come back at this very second and ask her to leave, she would. But now she had a duty to her family and she would not fail.

"Do I look alright?" Alaesys looked at herself to make sure that every hair and cheek tint was in place. Rhaenerya held her daughter from behind and rested her chin on her shoulder.

"You look like a Queen straight from a fairytale." Alaesys put her arms over her mothers and held herself. The door opened again and there was Daemon. Alaesys wondered if her mother had forced him into the outfit. It wasn't very on brand for the Rouge Prince. It was a dazzling black jacket with red accents and a high collar.

"Mother dressed you herself I see." Alaesys taunted her father who simply rolled his eyes.

"I come to warn you of the time and instead I get insulted, I did not expect to be hit by friendly fire." Daemon kissed his wife and simply basked in Alaesys beauty. She was every good part of both of them. She had her mothers beauty and her fathers quick wit. "I'm afraid I come with bad news as well." Alaesys smile dropped quickly.

"Well? What is it?" Alaesy lifted up her gown and left the pedestal.

"Your attack was premeditated as we assumed,m but...Alaesys I believe it was Aemond who called for your assault." Alaesys felt her stomach drop. Her hands were shaking and she shook her head.

"No, no he wouldn't do that."

"Princess, I've heard whispers of a whore l that Aemond has been fond of. I am not sure if it was mistress or Aemond himself that called for your death." Alaesy felt her knees grow weak and she needed to balance herself on the wall to keep from falling.

"What is her name? I will ask her myself."

"Alaesys I-"

"I will hear no more of this." Alaesys ripped the headpiece from her head, long white hairs still attached to the clip as she ripped it up. Her hair became tangled and she resorted to ripping it out with her bare hands. Her braids fell and Rhaenerya tried to help her gently remove it. "Stop, stop!" Alaesys cheeks were streaked with tears and she was unable to stop them.

"Alaesys you must stay calm. If the Queen sees you like this, she will know that we have possibly uncovered their secret." Daemon tried to calm the pacing Alaesys. He had not seen her so distraught other than the death of Laenor.

"I need to get out of here." Daemon grabbed her shoulders and tried to hold her in place.

"Ally, please be rational-"

"When have you ever had a rational thought in your life, Daemon." His name spit from her tongue like ice. Alaesys pushed his hands off of her shoulder and made way through the oddly quiet halls of the castle. She was quick to cut through the hidden corridors and eventually made it to the streets. She opened a dark gate that lead to and underneath path to the Dragon Pits.

"Cesyja! Cesyja!" Alaesys voice was hoarse and her dress was becoming covered in dirty. Cesyja came from the pit with a night roar. She met her rider halfway and Alaesys began to rip he dress layer by layer. Cesyja was confused by her riders behavior and just watched in confusion.

Alaesys had destroyed her dress all the way to the thin underdress. Ally's voice was hoarse as she lifted her head in agony. "Dracarys!" Cesyja took no time in spewing a powerful fire onto the bones of the wedding gown. It burned into crisps in less than a second and all that reminded was a pile of ash. Alaesys collapsed onto the ground and looked up at Cesyja with outstretched hands. The dragon lowered down and the two bumped heads. Alaesys shut her eyes and seemed to find comfort in her dragon.

"Ally?" She half expected Daemon to come, but her face lit with rage when she saw it was Aemond who came to search for her. "A guard told me you had slipped into the Dragon Pit. What are you doing, we are supposed to be married within the hour..." Alaesys had to admit he looked handsome. His hair was braided back for the first time and his clothing was a fine green silk and black vest all tied together with leather straps.

Aemond looked at the scraps of her clothing and took a step forward. Cesyja opened her jaw and screeched in his face. Her lips were drawn back to show vicious teeth and Aemond raised his hands to show good grace.

"Who is your whore, Aemond? I was stupid to believe you could love only me." Alaesys cling to Cesyja's neck and refused to look at Aemond.

"My whore...?"

"Do not play dumb with me, Aemond!" Cesyja grew infuriated right along her riderZ she not stood to her full height and she was approaching Aemond with Alaesys. Alaesys stomped through the mud and dirt with complete anger washed over her face.

"I have only visited the whore house a single time with my brother, before you came back. I have no whore Alaesys. You must believe me. I would do no such thing to my wife to be..." Aemond stepped forward cautiously.

"I have heard things that I do not wish to believe but it makes so much sense." Alaesys roughly wipe her face and shook her hands, pacing back and forth and covering her ears from the overstimulation around her.

She wanted to go home. She wanted Laenor. She wanted her brothers. She was so lost in her own world that she was only brought back when Aemond pulled her to his chest. She tried to fight it and Cesyja snapped inches away from his face but he did not even flinch.

Alaesys cried, but she did not move. She would do her duty, whore or not, lying or not.

She would do her duty as Queen.