"What are you two talking about? Don't tell me you've completely lost your mind Elizabeth" I couldn't blame him. If someone came to my door speaking nonsense, I'd think they were crazy too but when I brought a ten-foot-tall man home I expected to be taken seriously. "While father... Doffy here is a vampire thing from another world. As crazy as it sounds his world is through that little door over there. At first, he was a prick but what can I say he's grown on me. We are getting married and I would like you to be there if you still care. Mother can show up too. Where is she?"

"Elizabeth... I don't know how to tell you this" His tone had changed but that could have been anything. Even his demeanor when he first sounded up was different although I figured it was caused by seeing Doflamingo. "Tell me what?"

"Your mother..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Later That Day...

Doflamingo's Pov

She had gotten so upset and refused to speak ever since leaving her father's home. I could understand she was hurt; she had lost her mother but I wa- needed I needed to make sure she was okay. It worried me to see her like this. "Ellie, can I get you anything?" She did not move although I took the chance and moved her head away from the pillow. Elizabeth's eyes were glossy from her crying but when I removed my hands she stayed in place. "You are hurting. Please, do not be sad. I lost my mother as well. She was so warm and I become so cold when..."

"When what?" I was sure she had an idea of my past although it was best to tell her the truth. We had the same pain after all. It was slightly different as Elizabeth did not get along with her mother. However, even if she had not cared for her at times, it was clear she cared enough to shed tears for her. I can not remember if I cried for my mother although I still felt the emptiness she left behind. I never could get rid of it either no matter how hard I tried to pretend I had no feelings.

Elizabeth was expecting a response and I refused to keep her waiting any longer. I opened my life up for her, she deserved to know everything. "When my father ended her life. I should have stayed and protected her better. Maybe if I had she would not be dead" She had given up her life protecting me, and in the end, I had become a monster. That was the one thing I swore I would never become; she begged me not to be like him. I had broken that promise. Was she disappointed in what I became? "It wasn't your fault. You know that don't you?"

I had lost myself in my thoughts. This was a time I needed to be there for Elizabeth, my feelings needed to become an afterthought. She deserved my full attention; my meaningless problems were not important. "No, I let her down. Did you want anything, Ellie? You only had breakfast and some cake at the bakery" I would gladly prepare her something to eat but instead of naming a dish, she asked me a question. "Do you need anything?" I could not accept her offer. "Your needs and wants come before mine. I have never put someone else before myself but with you it is different. Ellie, you complete me"

"I didn't know you could be so nice. Hehehe. Guess I'm the special one. You know I am tired. I would like to turn in early for the night" That was a simple request although I had no problem in granting it. So, as I stood up, I held out my hand waiting for her to take it. "Very well. Shall we?" I had wanted to rest earlier but due to Elizabeth's emotional state, I remained up. This would be beneficial to me as long as I could rest on her chest listening to her heartbeat. "Such a charmer. So, Doffy, are you excited to wear your suit at the wedding?"

That was not something I was looking forward to and I did not remain quiet about it either. "Oh, God no. I can not believe you have forced me to entertain your demand" Wearing the suit for one day was not the worst thing although I only made a fuss since I knew Elizabeth found enjoyment in it. "Hehehe. It's just for the day dear. You can handle it and I can assure you of one thing" That smile had spread across her cheeks but I did not let it distract me from my curiosity. "What would that be?"