Five Bites of An Apple (Jinwoo's POV)

Jinwoo was crying again. He blamed it to the movie he just finished watching. It had a sad ending.

He sniffed.

How stupid it was to love. You gave everything - time, attention, affection, care...and in the end, all you get were pain, heartaches, tears, anger.

Jinwoo promised himself that he will no longer fall in love again.

.

Sometimes, the pains Jinwoo was carrying were too much for his heart that it badly needed to be numbed. Like that night...

Jinwoo went to a bar. It was not his first time there. It was the bar he used to go to whenever he wanted to go incognito and just enjoy the night alone.

"Evening." He was familiar to the bartender, he guessed, or bartenders were just really friendly. They had to, right?

Jinwoo ordered hard liquor of course; how was he supposed to get numbed if not? And because of his desperation to ease away his pain the soonest, he gulped down his drink one after the other without taking a break.

"Easy, can't we?"

Jinwoo looked up and met with a gorgeous pair of eyes, a chiseled jaw, thin yet inviting lips..oh, where did that come from?

"You'll not enjoy the night if you get drunk right away." The stranger smiled.

His smile, his eyes, his jaw, his lips...they all looked familiar to Jinwoo. The stranger looked like him, the man Jinwoo owe all his pains to.

Jinwoo returned the smile. "I supposed you're right." He was intrigued by this stranger. If he would only be honest with himself, he will admit that the reason to that was because the stranger provided him the presence of the person he was missing so badly. Yes, despite the pains.

Yes, Jinwoo knew, he was stupid. Well, that was what he got from falling in love.

"I'm a good listener," the stranger told him.

"And so am I," Jinwoo responded.

And so they talked about things, nothing particular, nothing personal, just things.

And while they were talking, Jinwoo's focused was on the man's lips, on those sexy, lusciously red pair of... He cannot describe what they were yet unless he tasted them.

"Kiss me." Jinwoo surprised even himself when his mouth suddenly blurted that.

So, what more was the stranger. His mouth hanged open, and eyes went wide.

To salvage the situation, Jinwoo just decided to escape. So escape, he did.

.

That day, Jinwoo decided to burn all their pictures. He would burn love letters if he received any...oh, well.

Jinwoo decided he will move on. No more crying. No more loathing, especially self-loathing. No more going back to the past, asking what went wrong, thinking when was everything began to change. No more dwelling on the heartbreak.

He cleaned his house, hoping to erase all of past lover's traces. He took a bath, scrubbed his skin so hard, hoping to erase all of the traces there too.

Jinwoo went to the mall after to treat himself. He watched the movie he had been wanting to see. Before that movie premiered, he imagined himself and his ex watching it. Whom have thought he will end up watching it alone? Whom have though he'll end up alone?