Chapter 31

One morning...

As soon as I woke up, I gazed at the ceiling, feeling surprisingly refreshed. I sat up and let out a small yawn as I stretched. I feel that now is the time to start again.

I got up from my bed, washed up and changed into my scout uniform. Once I was ready, I stepped out of my room, making for Captain Levi's office door. I knocked on it, then reached for the handle, entering before he could answer. I approached his desk, noticing the few documents neatly laid out atop it. He looked up from his work and as soon as he met my gaze, I said,

"I'm ready to train."

He put his writing instrument down on the table, then crossed his arms, examining Y/N's face, then her stance. She watched the captain's piercing gaze shift multiple times, aware of what he was doing. Regardless, she felt somewhat nervous because of his silence.

After a few moments, he unfolded his arms, stood up from his chair and walked past me, making way to the door.

"Let's go," he finally said. He opened the door and stepped out. I followed him out of his office and out of the building.

As soon as both soldiers were outside, wasting little time, Levi turned around and lunged at Y/N, trying to attack. Since he gave her no warning, she reacted accordingly. She blocked the strike and distances herself from her opponent.

...

While the scouts resumed their expeditions, Levi and Y/N trained with each other, particularly in close combat. He felt it was necessary to focus on having Y/N regain her speed, flexibility, and momentum.

Although this training was meant for her to return to combat, Levi wasn't going to go easy on her. He is aware of what Y/N is capable of and wants her to get back to or even surpass that level.

During some training sessions, there were a few instances in which Y/N failed to defend or strike, making Levi overpower her.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Your reaction time has slowed."

He twisted and held my arm behind my back, holding me down harshly on the dirt ground. I tried to get out of his grip, but it was proving to be very difficult.

While I've been recovering, I wondered if he was going to go easy on me. I didn't want to be taken lightly since I haven't been too physically active for some time....but the training he's been putting me through says otherwise...

When he finally let go and got off me, I got up and fixed my uniform. As I was dusting myself off, I quickly glanced at him, then swiftly retrieved my switch blade, using this moment to my advantage to strike.

As soon as I got close enough to attack, he dodged instantaneously, grabbing and twisting my wrist harshly, making me let go of my weapon. In the blink of an eye, he tackled me on the ground, pinning my wrists down on either sides of my head, using his body to keep me from getting up.

"Obvious."

Slightly out of breath, I stared at him and said, "Do you plan on staying on top of me or are we going to keep training?"

Before he got off me, he got closer to my face, staring deeply into my eyes. "Try to attack me without any weapons. That's an order."

In that moment, I didn't know if I felt intimidated or surprised from having him that close to me again.