Chapter 20

TW: ⚠️Groping and sexual assault mentioned in this chapter.⚠️

"Wanna know who the mystery woman was?"

"None other than your little captain's slut of a mother.

Kuchel. Ackerman!"

My eyes widened in shock at what she said. This is what she meant when she said Captain Levi was involved?!

"It truly was a shame. She was very pretty and young. Seemed sweet too," she pouted.

"But as it turns out, she wasn't a saint. She was a prostitute in a small brothel down here. Very well known in fact. Apparently, one of her clients got her pregnant and she refused to get rid of the child. Eventually, she left the brothel after he was born and planned on forming a family. How sweet, right~?"

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists as hard as I could handle, feeling my nails dig into my palms.

"But...she made one fatal mistake," she continued. "She took away the happiness I could've had with the man I loved. So, to even the odds...I took her life."

She approached me yet again, pushed my hair aside, got close to my ear and said, "Ever heard of arsenic?"

Levi overheard that final statement and was absolutely aghast. Everything Laura alluded to before was coming into place.

When she broke into the Survey Corps headquarters and mentioned his mother, she had such a wicked look in her eyes.

Now knowing what really happened to his mother, in that moment, all Levi wanted to do was to break in and kill Laura...

But for Y/N's sake, he needed to contain himself.

Hange and the others were just as shocked overhearing most of what Laura revealed as well. Hange took a silent breath, then turned to look at the soldiers with her and told everyone to follow her.

They needed to find a way to get to Y/N.

Words couldn't describe the overwhelming disgust I felt in the pit of my stomach. She backed away from me, then said in an announcing manner,

"Then there's her bastard child...

Levi Ackerman."

He clenched his fists tightly as soon as he heard her hiss out his name.

"He was a small child. Around 5 or 6 when I first found out about him. It gave me peace of mind when I discovered that he wasn't of your father. Must be a relief knowing you and him are not related in any way~." I clenched my jaw at her sneering.

"Even so, seeing your father, that whore, and her brat together irritated me. After I killed his mother, I was about to do the kid the favor of having him join her on her death bed, but obviously, it didn't happen. As if finding out about your father wasn't a surprise in itself, months later, I found out you were growing inside me and—"

"...Kuchel...Ackerman."

Laura stopped talking; I could feel her gaze on me as I said that name. I slightly fixed my posture and stared directly at her.