Chapter Six - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Word Count: 4,000 words. 

Warnings: None. 

"Gellert!" I called out, moving through the halls of Malfoy Manor. He was walking quickly but I wasn't about to let him go. "Where have you been?" I asked, now in front of the wizard.

It was the next morning. The day of the wedding, and although I wore my dress, I had yet to put on my shoes and was walking around barefoot. It was a simple dress. A dark green coloured gown that reached just above my knees. The neckline was strapless and there was a fold in the top of the material.

I had argued about wearing it, the fabric being extremely formfitting, but Narcissa had been stubborn, claiming that at least I had a figure to show off. Little didn't she know that that envious body was because of magic.

"Off to the wedding?" he asked innocently.

My eyes turned quickly, sensing someone in his pocket. It was mine. I didn't know what the item was, but I was pulled towards it. I needed it.

Reaching forward, I grasped his clothes aggressively, pulling a wand from his pocket. The Elder Wand. "What the fuck Gellert?" I asked. "Why do you have my wand?"

The man sighed, rolling his eyes. "I took it before that boyfriend of yours found it in the bathroom. It was a horrible hiding spot by the way –"

"You were in my room?"

"And I would suggest holding it lower to the ground before a Death Eater wanders by and sees you flaunting the Elder Wand."

I froze, turning in my spot. There was no one around me. I quickly brought the wand down, holding it close to my side.

"Did you really think I wouldn't notice?" I asked in a hushed whisper, remembering how out in the open we were.

"You didn't notice," he replied. "Not until you felt its power."

I let out a sigh, eyes flickering to the object in question. "It's mine."

"Don't let it control you," he told me.

I shook my head with a laugh. "Really?" I asked the wizard. "You're giving me advice?"

"Isn't that why I'm not dead yet?" he countered.

"Touché," I replied after a moment's hesitation.

"It's powerful. Trust me, I know how corrupt you can become because of power."

"Dumbledore had it for decades," I reminded him.

"And he was the biggest recluse you've ever met, I suppose?" he offered.

He was right. Albus Dumbledore wasn't someone that hung around. He seemed to like being by himself. The only real time you saw the Headmaster of Hogwarts was when it was a life or death situation, or it suited him to be there.

"How did you –"

"I know Albus," he explained, faltering for a moment. "I knew Albus. That wand is the most powerful thing in the world. With it, you can become anything you want, or you can become nothing."

"I take back what I said about your riddles. They're just as confusing as your lovers'."

Gellert rolled his eyes. "The power of the wand found the dark in me," he put simpler. "It found the light in Albus."

"And so what? You think it's feeding on –"

"The curse. You have dark in you Lyra, with or without the Obscurus and that," – he pointed to the wand – "that will feed on it more than you can imagine. I know how addictive it is. Once you hold that wand, it's all you ever want to do for the rest of your miserable life."