Chapter Twenty-Six - Ariana

Word Count: 2,068 words. 

Warnings: None. 

I was back in the attic, laying on the ground. Pushing my hands against the wooden floor, I moved myself to a seated position.

"I'm sorry," Credence apologised and I turned to find him in the corner, his face littered with bruises and cuts. "She just... ambushed me."

I shook my head. "Draco," I breathed. "Is Draco alright?" I asked him.

The man nodded. "Snape arrived and healed him. He was taken to the Infirmary. You're in Saint Mungo's."

"Is the Obscurus in control of me?" I asked him.

Credence shook his head. "No, she burnt herself out trying to take over your mind. She's not strong enough."

"Good," I replied, watching as he winced in pain. "Can you not heal those?" I asked him.

The man gulped. "I can't. I've tried."

Pushing myself up onto my feet, I moved towards Credence, settling on my knees in front of him. "Are you alright?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't stop her," he began.

"It's okay," I told him. "I did."

"I just want to protect you," he replied, looking up at me. "I don't want you to fall like I did."

Shaking my head, I answered him. "I won't, because I have something that you didn't."

"What?"

"A friend who knows what I'm going through."

Credence smiled. "Technically I'm your grandfather."

I titled my head. "Are we really going to get into technicalities?" I asked.

"No," He replied, shaking his head. "No, we're not."

"Lyra," a voice sounded. It wasn't Credence's.

"What was that?" I asked him.

He sighed. "You're waking up."

"Are you going to be alright?"

Credence nodded. "Call me if you need me."

"I won't let her in again."

"You can't promise that, just fight as hard as you did and she won't get to you."

"But she'll get to you," I argued.

"Lyra," the voice came again, louder.

"It's worth it," he told me. "I get to save you."

Then, he was gone.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

I had expected to find myself in St. Mungo's as Credence had told me, but I wasn't there when I opened my eyes. Instead, I was in a field.

"Hello," a voice greeted me.

Quickly hurrying to my feet, I turned around, finding a girl, about the same age as me, stood beside me, a smile on her face.

"Who are you?" I asked her. "Where am I?"

"We're still in your mind," she explained. "And I am Ariana."

My eyes widened. "Dumbledore?"

She nodded slowly. "Yes, and you are Lyra Black."

"Yep, that's the name," I replied. "What are you doing in my head?"