Chapter Nine - Horace Slughorn

Word Count: 3,198 words.

Warnings: None. 

I had made it to the last class of the day without looking in the envelope Professor Snape had given me. We had been sitting in the Potion's classroom for the past ten minutes, listening to the new Professor ramble on about himself and his history as a teacher here.

Harry and Ron decided to join the class, rushing in without books. They had both caused a ruckus when searching the cabinet for spares, but I wasn't paying much attention to what happened after.

With my eyes looking underneath my desk, I was still staring at the results of my O.W.L's.

Ordinary Wizarding Levels Results

Pass Grades:
Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E) Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

Lyra Marlene Black has achieved:

Astronomy

O

Care of Magical Creatures

O

Charms

O

Defence Against the Dark Arts

O

Divination

E

Herbology

E

History of Magic

O

Potions

O (Advanced)

Transfiguration

O

It was an amazing grade. I knew that, but I couldn't help but think ahead. Think of the NEWT's. Would I still be around to do them? Or would I already be gone?

"Now then," Slughorn spoke, louder than he had before. My attention returned to the man, folding the piece of paper and placing it back in its envelope. I shoved it into my robe pocket.

"What's that?" Riddle asked me. I turned to my Potion's partner.

I had forgotten that the Slytherin was my partner for this class and had seriously considered swapping with Blaise and working with Theo but had decided against it when I saw the glares my friends were giving him. It seemed that I may not be avidly angry at him but everyone else was.