Chapter Nineteen - The Burrow

Word Count: 3,909 words.

Warnings: None.

"Shit," I cursed again the next morning as we rushed through the halls of Hogwarts. People were leaving for Christmas break. I was leaving for Christmas break. I had been invited to the Weasley's for the holiday and couldn't find it in me to say no the Molly Weasley. Besides, I found that it would be a good way to get my mind off everything.

"Wait," Draco started, hurrying after me. "Let me get this straight. Harry heard us last night?"

"Are you sure it wasn't just Peeves?" Mattheo asked from my other side.

I shook my head. "It was Harry. I know it was."

"Shit," Draco cursed.

I stopped suddenly, finding myself face-to-face with the boy we were talking about. We were heading for the same exit of the castle.

"I'll see you guys after Christmas," I told the two of them.

"Tell him –" Draco started but I quickly cut him off.

"I know," I replied before watching him hurry off.

Mattheo turned to me. "Are you going to be okay?" he asked me. "You're feeling alright?"

"I feel like I've been hit by a bus, but it's nothing new. I'll be alright," I told him.

He took my face into his hand as he kissed me, pulling away and resting his forehead on mine. "I love you."

I smiled. "I love you."

With a nod and a smile, the boy gave me one last look before turning away and hurrying down the corridor.

When I turned back around, Harry had vanished from the hall and I moved further towards the exit, finding him already halfway up the hill.

"Potter!" I called after him, running to catch up with the boy.

"I don't want to talk Lyra," he told me as I made it to his side.

"Then don't," I told him. "Let me talk."

He shook his head. "You lied to me."

"I did no such thing," I replied.

"You're a Death Eater," he muttered furiously, stopping to talk to me. "Aren't you?"

"Not by choice," I told him, shaking my head.

He scoffed, moving again. "I can't believe it. Draco, I get. He's always so determined to please his father. Riddle, he wouldn't have a choice in the matter, his father being the one person we're trying to get rid of, but you," he paused, shaking his head. "I just – I can't."

"It was join him or die Harry," I told the boy pleadingly. "I didn't want to."

"And yet you sounded pretty sure of completing whatever task you have to do," he replied.

"That's different. That is so very different Harry and if you only let me explain it to you –"

"I don't need an explanation," he cut me off, stopping to face me firmly. "I'll see you at The Burrow."

He hurried away, making his way towards the train. I didn't stop him again, standing still as I panted for breath.

"Shit," I cursed, tear forming. "Shit, shit, shit, shit!" I ran my hands through my hair. "What do I do?"

"I got nothing," Credence told me, appearing on my left. I turned to him with a sigh.

"You're a great help," I told him, adjusting the bag I held and making after Harry.