Chapter Thirty - Fighting

Word Count: 2,575 words.

Warnings: None. 

Third Person POV

"Hello old friend," Lyra Black greeted as she entered the top of the Astronomy Tower.

Draco and Mattheo followed behind her, standing just short of where the girl stood.

"We need to get her back," Mattheo whispered to Draco nervously.

"How?" Draco replied, not gaining an answer.

"Good evening Miss Black," Albus Dumbledore replied, stood at the opening of the Tower.

Lyra chuckled. "You and I both know that Lyra would never call you a friend."

The man sighed softly. "I would not call us friends."

Dumbledore took his wand from his robe, bringing it up towards the girl. She quickly flicked her hand at the wooden stick, disarming the Headmaster.

"Pathetic," she told him. "Do you really think that a wand can defeat me?"

"It's done it before," he replied. "The first time I saw you."

The Obscurus rolled her eyes. "Your sister was weak," she started. "I hadn't gained enough control yet when you and your stupid brother decided to argue."

"Ariana was the strongest person I knew," Albus returned.

"Then your expectations for strong are low."

"I have seen you through two of your attempts," he began, causing the Obscurus to become frustrated. "Your failed attempts."

"I wasn't given enough time with Ariana, and Credence... Credence didn't have enough fire in him to take the power I was giving him."

"And Lyra does?" the Headmaster questioned. "She is strong enough?"

"I never got this far with the others," Lyra replied, not directly answering the question.

"But will you succeed in what you want?"

She scoffed. "How do you know what I want?" she asked the old man.

"You want what anyone does. Power."

The Obscurus shook her head. "I used to want power. Why do you think I let Credence go anywhere near Grindlewald?"

"If it isn't power than you want, then what is?"

The girl hesitated, faltering slightly. "I want to live."

"An Obscurus isn't meant to live."

"Fuck that. I don't follow the rules."

"You'll never get what you want," he tried. "It isn't in your destiny."

"Fuck you," she cursed him, taking Lyra's wand from her pocket and pointing it towards the man.

"Lyra," Mattheo tried.

"Piss off boy or I'll kill you too," she told him.

"You will never be free," Dumbledore began again, only growing the Obscurus' anger. "You will always be a prisoner in someone else's mind."

Lyra moved closer to the man, wand trained on him. "Are you trying to piss me off?" she asked aggressively. "Is that what you're trying to do?"

"No," the man replied calmly, "All I'm doing is wasting time."