Dear Vida

·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

Dear Vida,

Yo whatchu mean you excited I wrote back, you for real think I wasn't gonna write back to you? I told you ma, anybody would write back to you. Shit, I'm the one who's suppose to be excited bout you writing back, and I am, on god.

And hell yeah I enjoyed yo pictures, you real beautiful. I hope this ain't like, creepy or nothin but I be looking at them every morning to put myself in a good mood, looking at sum pretty always nice.

  You look good in all those hair colors but I really liked the red, I think that one was my favorite. I liked the purple too and the black. I liked all of them actually, but you looked hella good in the red. You ever done orange? We could match or something, then we'll both be "fine gingers".

  You really know how to be making me blush for real. Anyone ever tell you that you look like Kali Uchis? Ima be real, I didn't know who that was until I read your letter so I searched her up and yeah you look jus like her, if you know what I mean?

And whatchu mean yo hair gon fall off if you dye it blonde? That can happen? The fuck? That's crazy for real, I ain't know that. You best not dye it that color then or we really is gonna be matching if we both bald and shit. You'd probably pull it off though, seeing as you pulled off the whole ass rainbow.

  I'm doing aight ma, could always be better but I guess it's all cool right now. My cellmate's girl just put money on his books so he dragged me to the commissary with him and let me get whatever I wanted, he's cool when he wanna be.

  It ain't a stupid thing to ask how I'm doing, I appreciate it a lot. Don't feel like you walking on eggshells talking to me, just be like if I wasn't in prison and shit.

  How are you doing though? Hope you doing good, and quit that job on god Trish, you'll find another one. Yo boss sound creepy as fuck. I used to own a store too but it was just me and my brother working it, so I never had no other employees but even then I wouldn't be making nobody uncomfortable like that.

I'm for sorry about taking a while to write back to you, but thanks for not listening to your friends about finding someone else to write to. Unless you writing to other inmates too? Cuz I know a guy in here who got like 3 penpals who be putting money on his books, he different haha.

I was starting to think for a second that you probably didn't look at my charges cuz you was writing to me, and I feel like my charges was finna scare everybody off. But was a whole lot of shit that went down and I'm not ready to talk about it all.

I been seeing a therapist in here and shit and she be getting all frustrated cuz I don't be wanting to talk to her, she pisses me the fuck off. If I'm being honest, if I even talk about it I'll probably fucking cry, and I'm not tryna do all that. My grandma always told me not to cry in jail or they gonna fuck me up for being a little bitch. All my charges is accurate though, in case you was wondering.

  I got a Scarface poster too, and shit, you gotta be lying bout dressing up as Elvira last Halloween cuz I dressed up as Tony last Halloween. That's dope as fuck, was matching and we ain't even know it. My brother used to have the biggest crush on Elvira, shit I ain't even gonna lie, I did too. He was like full on in love though.

He straight up barked one time we was watching Scarface and she came on, was the funniest shit in the world. Used to love watching movies with him, not no scary shit though cuz he would scream every time someone got they ass murked. Shit would be funny though, screaming like a lil girl but he was the biggest G I ever knew.

I never watched A Cinderella Story but trust, ima watch it once I break outta prison (jus a joke for the guards readin this). What's that movie about? That a Disney movie? Cause if it is, I probably did watch the and just can't remember, Ashtray was obsessed with Disney movies when he was a baby so we watched one damn near everyday.

And you ain't watch Stand By Me? For real? C'mon now, that used to be my shit. Ion really like it no more if I'm being honest but it's a pretty good movie.

Yo so since you work at a skate shop, do you skate and shit? I used to skate a lil back before I dropped outta high school, shit was hella fun. I hadda stop cuz I didn't end up having time for it no more but I still got all my skate decks, a lot of them are snapped in half.

Might get back into it when I get outta here, hopefully I won't pull a muscle or nothin since ima be almost 40. That shit's crazy, the fact that ima be old as fuck by the time I get out of here. I feel like I'm fuckin decaying just two months in, iono how ima get through two decades. Feels like time has been passing slow as fuck.

But the past couple days that I been waiting on your letter have passed hella fast, maybe having sum to look forward to helps and shit, so thank you.

I would be hella down with talking on the phone witchu ma, but I know that typa shit cost money, and right now I don't got none and ion want you to waste your money like that. But again, you trippen thinking I wouldn't wanna talk to you. C'mon now.

  Yo you got me laughing my fuckin ass off talking bout selling your homegirl to the cartel in Mexico, you fucking funny shorty. I promise whatever she was doin to piss you off, not all white people is like that.

  I'm Irish like that girl from your high school, but I'm also Italian, my mom was Irish and Italian and my dad was Irish. But I guess that makes me more Irish than Italian so that's why I'm ginger? Iono how all that shit works, I never paid attention to the genes shit in school, I found it hella boring.

  So you Mexican? That's dope, both of your parents Mexican? Y'all got the best food, on god, ma. Me and my brother used to love going to this one place near our store, I was always fucking wit the asada fries.

It's cool as fuck that yo name in Spanish. You think you could teach me? Or teach me how to pronounce it? Cause I feel like I'm saying it wrong in my head, and iono if you want me calling you Life instead.

And yes I know my birthday mane, c'mon now. You just like this one dude in here, asking me if know my birthday just cuz I ain't put it on the website. That typa shit is personal.

   My birthday July 10th, and ima turn 20 this year too, so we the same age. Now you gotta tell me yo birthday cuz I told you mine, and all I know is that it's in June.

Ain't nothin about you gonna not be interesting to me, you can talk about whatever. I wanna know everything about you, so feel free to write whatever you wanna write. I'll read it and I'll write back, promise.

And I really don't want to, but ima have to end it here cuz it's lights out and I'm not tryna get written up or nun, so good night. Be safe Vida, really hope to hear from you soon.

- Fezco ◡̈