$ 1 $

·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

Vida had been checking her mail on a daily basis for two weeks, ever since the day after she dropped her letter to Fezco in the bin at the post office.

She checked her mailbox in the mailroom of her apartment complex every day, whether it was coming home after a day out the house or while she walked her dog Kilo.

Fezco's the prisoner she found on writeaprisoner.com and decided to write to.

Kiara, her friend and roommate, started writing to a prisoner she met through the same website about a year ago and hasn't shut up about it since.

And after another failed talking stage, Vida thought that maybe she should finally listen to Kiara and write a prisoner herself.

Not because she was looking for a new guy to fall in love with, okay, maybe it was that, but she just wanted someone to talk to.

Vida's friend group consisted of five girls including herself, and you know what they say about friend groups with an odd number. Someone's always left out. Vida often felt like she was the one being left out.

Vida just wanted a friend to herself. Someone she could call her best friend, who would call her their best friend.

So here she was, patiently but not so patiently waiting on a letter back from Fezco O'Neill.

She sighed as she looked through the mail she just retrieved from the mailbox as she walked down the hall to get to her apartment after getting home from going out with two of her friends, reading the sender's address off every piece of mail.

None from Fezco yet.

She knew mailing things took a while, especially from prison, but from what she read off his address information, Fezco was being temporarily held in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, which wasn't too far away from where lived.

It couldn't possibly take two weeks to receive his letter, if he even sent one back at all.

"Hey girl," Kiara gave a small wave after Vida entered their apartment before she looked down at her laptop.

"Hiii," Vida said, but smiled down at Kilo as he excitedly ran to the door to greet her.

Vida found Kilo outside the pet store she used to work at a few months ago when he was just a puppy, abandoned in a little box. She loves animals and seeing the corgi puppy shaking due to the freezing air outside broke her heart.

He was so small when she found him, weighing 2.2 pounds exactly, which is how he got his name. Kilo became super attached to Vida after she took care of him that day she found him, crying when she left him alone for even seconds.

She ended up leaving work early just to take Kilo home after buying a few things for the puppy and he's been her best friend ever since.

"Say hey to Jojo," Kiara said, turning her laptop to face Vida as she picked Kilo up in her arms, dropping her purse and the mail on the coffee table as she walked to the couch to sit with Kiara.

"Hey Jojo," Vida greeted Kiara's man, who waved in response.

Kiara paid to be able to video call Jojo twice a week for an hour, and usually Vida locked herself in her room because they liked to get nasty on their video call. And not like, full on nasty, but they said a lot of shit that she would rather not hear.