$ 4 $

·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

"O'Neill."

Fezco's head shot up upon hearing his name called as the guards handed out mail, eyebrows raising in slight hope that he wasn't hearing shit.

He felt butterflies in his stomach as he watched the guard hold up an envelope for him, making him get up from where he sat with Jojo and a few of Jojo's homeboys to go get the letter.

Jojo whistled teasingly as Fezco was handed his mail, making Fezco shoot him a look as he made his way back to the table, where Jojo stood up from after he was called.

Fezco hadn't even looked at the sender address yet, his eyes flickering over to the top left corner after reading his name on the envelope in what he recognized as Vida's handwriting. He smiled to himself, wasting no time in reopening the envelope after the prison sealed it back up once they looked through it. 

"Your girlfriend finally wrote back?" Russell, one of Jojo's homeboys asked Fezco as he watched him pulling a few notebook papers from out the envelope.

Fezco ignored his question, like he did his best to ignore the teasing he received from the other inmates after Jojo told everyone that Fezco had a hot penpal. Jojo hadn't seen Vida's pictures, so he didn't know it was her, because Fezco was keeping them from him, growing defensive because he was calling her hot all because of the flustered lil look Fezco wore after that first time he laid his eyes on the pretty pictures.

Yeah, she was hot, but Fezco wasn't gonna call Jojo's girlfriend hot, so why was he doing him like that? And yeah, Vida wasn't his girlfriend, but still. She was his only friend from the outside world right now.

Russell leaned over to peek over Fezco's shoulder as he began to read Vida's letter, making Fezco stop and turn the papers around.

"Yo, you fuckin mind?" Fezco grumbled with an eyebrow raised.

"Do you? I'm tryna read too," Russell laughed.

Fezco just gave him a look before glancing over at the guard closest to his table and nodding at him, "Yo, can I go back to my cell?"

The guard stilled for a second before he nodded his head in the direction of the door, making Fezco get up from where he sat to follow the guard as he escorted him to his cell.

"Thanks man," Fezco mumbled his gratitude as he walked into his cell, plopping down on his bed as he reopened his letter, listening to the guard's footsteps as he walked off.

The inmates weren't locked in their cells unless there was a lockdown or it was lights out or the guarde were conducting the twice a daily head count, allowing them to come and go as they pleased throughout the day, as long as a guard escorted them.

Fezco read Vida's letter with the biggest smile plastered on his face, and once again, he read her letter at least four times.

He bust out laughing when Vida said she wanted to sell her homegirl to the cartel in Mexico after she ticked her off. He laughed a lot throughout reading her letter, the only time he actually felt genuinely happy.

He just sorta met her, but he loved talking to his new friend, even though their conversations were delayed, in a way.

So you could imagine the smile on his face when Vida asked if he would like to speak on the phone, but dropped it on his fourth time reading her letter, because he knew all that shit cost money, and he didn't want her to waste her money on him.