Chapter 6: Criminal Minds

Start from the beginning

___________________________________

"Thank you, your majesties for coming here." The Warden says in her alto voice. "We really had no clue what to do, so that's why I contacted you for assistance."

"No worries, Warden." Cole tells the leading officer as the three of them made their way down the quiet hall. "Thank you for contacting us. It was a smart decision of yours."

She thanks him again before the three of them reach a door. The sounds of shouting and banging could be heard coming from the other side. When opening the door, Cole and Tabitha greeted by hundreds of criminals on both sides and levels of the building.

Upon seeing the royals, the criminals began to silently stare at them for a bit before hissing and shouting insults. Although she was hesitant to enter, Tabitha manages to gather up the courage to walk pass the confined cells. In their glass traps the villains tried their best to claw their way out to kill the people that entrapped them there.

"Looks like the bat is expecting another fly in her cave." The gruff voice states. It came from a strange looking tiger mutant with an eye patch. Tigerclaw. "How many is it this time?" He asks with a mocking smirk.

Cole growls threateningly at the villain while charging over to cage, one hand behind him to protect his queen. "Silence! I suggest you knock it off it before I do it for you."

Tigerclaw only grins at his meaningless threat. "Oh, don't you remember your majesty? Your powers are limited in this area." He knocks on the stone wall of his cell.

It was made of Vengestone. A powerful mineral that drains out any elemental or magical energy from its user. For beings as powerful as the royal family and Perillia; it only weakens them. So, Cole couldn't really do much to frighten the mutant.

Cole growls once more, pulling his wife closer to his side as she sadly hid behind him. The Warden appears from behind and tells the two to break it up, in which they do, and they continue to follow her again. On their way to their destination Cole made sure to hold Tabitha close to her, but she lightly pushes him off her and walks ahead to prove that she didn't need protecting. He accepts her decision and quickly catches up to the two.

The three of them finally reach a secluded area where the most dangerous villains were kept.

Emperor Belos from the Boiling Isles where Hunter once lived sat in his cell with a pen and paper. He was making Light Glyphs magically float above his cage with the paper.

The Shredder sat on his cot in a straitjacket. A pair of robot arms fed him soup for a cold he seemed to have. He angrily glares at the couple as they pass by.

The Evil Queen, Raven's mother and Tabitha's adopted mother, lay in her cot texting someone. When seeing her daughter, she happily waved hello to her. Tabitha and Cole do the same. Although she was evil in many ways possible, she was trying her best to be a better parent for her children.

There were many other villains but there was one that the King and Queen needed to see. At the end of the hall was a large vault door where the Warden put in a secret code. Cole and Tabitha place their hands on a scanner which soon opens the stronghold's door. It slides open and the two were left alone with one of their greatest enemies.

Hawkmoth, aka Gabriel Agreste.

The once powerful villain sat in his cell with nothing to do or anyone to hurt. His miraculous had been stripped from him as soon as he was killed by Cole, but once he was revived, Gabriel didn't even bother to steal it back. They looked completely disordered and disheveled than how they used to appear.