Chapter 18

LISA

When I woke up I was lying on Jennie's bed, wrapped in a blanket. I was wearing her sweatpants and my shirt.

I saw Jennie sleeping on her floor. It seemed quite uncomfortable, but I thought it was cute how she sacrificed her bed for me.

God, Lisa, be mad at her. Don't show any weaknesses.

Apparently I fell asleep playing playstation and my family just left me like that. But the biggest hate I had for my brother, who didn't wake me up even though he knew that I didn't want Jennie around me at the moment.

Her head came up and she looked confused at the TV before she collected herself. Jennie ran her hands over her face before climbing up and asking me if I wanted some breakfast.

But no, I didn't want to eat anything. I didn't even want to go to me. All I needed at that moment was sleep, and her bed was a thousand times softer than mine.

I shook my head and buried my face in the pillow.

"Well then." She closed the door and left.

A short time later she came back with a plate and sat on her blanket. She thought I was sleeping and tried to be as quiet as possible, but she was never good at that.

I decided to get up and go. After all, I don't want to sleep with my ex just because her bed is nicer than mine. That was a stupid idea.

But when I wanted to put my skirt on, she got up and grabbed my wrist. I looked up at her in horror as my heart started racing.

Her lips touched mine and only now did I realize how much I missed those touches. Her arms were wrapped around my small, petite body. She kissed me like it's what she needs to breathe and I didn't hold myself back either.

We parted away, she looked into my eyes and sat back down with her pancakes. My face glowed as I said goodbye.

-

"Oh, playstation and chill at a family dinner!" V batted his eyelashes as he opened his locker. A small card fell out and he carefully picked it up.

"Oh shit." I looked at him in surprise.

"What is that?" I asked.

"An invitation to the ball. It's customary here to post the invitations." He explained and ripped off the pink ribbon.

"Why aren't you happy?"

"Because no one ever invites me to anything, maybe it's another joke." He bit his lip nervously as he scanned the card. He was unsure about something that makes others happy.

"I have no idea who it is." He said and showed me his card. It was written that he should meet the person at a park. Today at 5 p.m.

"I am happy for you." I smiled. I really meant that. V should finally have something solid. He couldn't help but smile and blushed.

"Maybe you'll get one from Jennie too." He interjected.

"No, I won't get one and I don't want to go there either. She'll go with Joy anyway." I pointed to her as she stood next to Jennie.

"Then from someone else!" I shook my head again.

-

When I got home, I checked my messages and someone had texted me.

Unknown: Hello, Lisaaa!

Lisa: Hey...

Lisa: Who are you again?

Unknown: It doesn't matter.

Unknown: Lisa?

Lisa: Why should I text you if you don't tell me who you are?

Unknown: Because I can't talk to you, I would die from excitement.

Lisa: I'm not that special either. Tell me your name.

Unknown: Call me daddy.

Unknown: Okay, okay, so no daddy fetish, I seeee.

Unknown: OKAY, LISA, CALL ME Riley.

Lisa: Nice to meet you, Riley.

Unknown: Yes yes, Lisa. Will you go to the fall dance with me?

Lisa: I don't know you.

Unknown: Are you sure about that?

Lisa: I don't know anyone who is named Riley.

Unknown: I go to your school, I'm not a murderer.

Lisa: I'm not going there with you, we can get to know each other, but I'm not into blind dating.

Unknown: Then get to know me.

Unknown: Lisa??

Unknown: You know me.

Lisa: This is getting too stupid for me. Tell me who you are, approach me or I'd be even fine if you send your friends but that's just stupid.

Unknown: Well then, you'll meet my friends tomorrow, baby girl xD

-

The next day I told V everything that happened. I really felt sorry for him that he had to listen to everything but he was my only friend.

We sat in the cafeteria and talked about this mysterious person.

"Maybe she's from junior high." He said and sipped from his warm coffee.

But then a little boy headed for our table and held out an envelope before running away again.

I looked at V in surprise, who grinned and opened the envelope and read it.

"Now I have sent someone to give you this. I'll dress up in red, so you should too. See you, babe."

"Somebody got their eye on you!"

"I'm not going there." I protested and threw the note in the trash can.

"You will, Lisa!! Please. Maybe that's a chance to get rid of Jennie." I sighed.

On the one hand it boosts my ego and self-esteem but I don't want to be disappointed. Maybe someone I don't like will come along, or maybe it's just a prank. But V was right. It was a good chance to get rid of my ex and it also made me curious.

"Okay. I go there but you'll stay with me until she shows up!"

He nodded enthusiastically.

Lisa: Just for it to be clear, I won't wear high heels.

Unknown: I didn't ask for it, baby!