Chapter 10

LISA

I tried to ignore Jennie as much as possible because I'm disappointed. I have no idea what I see in her now. Yes, she's very pretty, popular, nice, polite... Damn it, yes, she's perfect. And yes, she didn't mean it badly in the store, but I don't have the energy for a relationship. I want to keep my grades like this and get a good degree and not let anyone break my heart. It was a mistake to study with her and let her into my house. I should have stayed in my homeland and-

"Stop ignoring me." I heard a voice and I winced. I seriously think she can read my mind.

I didn't realize that almost everyone left the room and we were the only ones in the room. Great, Lisa.

"I'm not ignoring you." I defended myself and quickly gathered my things.

"No, of course not. I must have written to you three hundred times saying I'm sorry but you haven't even answered me." Her eyes radiated sadness but I wasn't quite sure if that was an act.

I didn't know how to answer, so I looked into her eyes and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Don't do that. You know that I find it cute." She sighed and I smiled.

"I want to eat with you today." She continued and smiled.

So she took my hand and dragged me out of the room. Of course, a few students looked at us strangely, but I didn't really care.

We got our food from the cafeteria and sat down at a table. Evil looks from Jennie's friends were of course inevitable. But Jennie surprisingly ignored it. I had to smile immediately because she finally realized that they were assholes.

"I know I'm a big idiot, but at least I'm eating with you now." Jennie poked and smiled too. Immediately I felt cold and warm at the same time and my cheeks began to glow.

"And tomorrow I'll have lunch with you again, if it's not already someone else." She waved her sandwich at V, who hesitantly approached us.

"Hey, Lisa." He said looking at Jennie who was glaring at him like he ruined our date.

"There's Jennie." I said playfully because he knew everything about her because I talk about her so much.

"Hey." Taehyung said and held out his hand. But being Jennie, she ignored his gesture.

"Jennie, I know what you're thinking, but I'm totally gay." He rolled his eyes like it was the most natural thing in the world. Suddenly she choked and started coughing, so all the attention was on us. If you die, please do it quietly.

When she had calmed down and her head was a healthy color, she pushed her tray away and looked at him.

"I've gotten to like you a little bit better, but don't take it for granted."

"Yeah, yeah." He murmured back and I sighed. I actually wanted the two to understand each other. But I can forget that now.

-

At noon I was with Jennie because she wanted it that way. She said that she doesn't want to be alone and that Jennie still had to do something good anyway. So I sat in her room and played with her playstation while she prepared something downstairs. Whatever it was, it took quite a long time.

But then she stuck her head in the door and grinned at me. I had to smile automatically as I took her hand and she led me downstairs.

Jennie ushered me into her dining room, where a large gold chandelier hung. On the huge table were flowers and two plates with a candle in the middle. The food was already on the table and for once it smelled good because I know how bad she cooks.

I turned to her and hugged her, but then the doorbell rang.

"Wait a minute." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and went to open the door.

I already sat down and waited excitedly. I had this indescribable feeling in my stomach, but when I saw who was staggering in, I almost fell off my chair.