22~family dinner

Forgiveness doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying you.

AUDREY

Song for the chapter heaven sent _ Keyshia Cole.

Sunday arrived so quickly with us going to church and returning and Sonia surprisedly showing up at my door, not like she doesn't visit but her visit this time isn't just a friendly visit.

"What are you doing here sonny" I asked bewildered.

" I came to help you dress up for tonight naah, I no say you go disappoint me and I won't have that". I knew it, Sonia visit isn't just a normal visit.

" I can dress myself, where I dey go,shebi na just Daniel family house for Victoria island" I said nonchalantly.

"Girl, you need to look nice and am going to work my magic on you whether you like it or not " she said with a tone of finality.

I just couldn't argue, you will never win an argument against Sonia

I told her I didn't want any make up on,she shrugged and ransacked my wardrobe for clothes, finally she brought out a satiny green gown I haven't wore before, I can't remember how I got the dress either.

"This will do, it's long and conservative, typical dress for a girl who is going to see her in-laws for the first time" she murmured.

"How many times will I tell you am not going there as anything" I
countered.

"You will see" she stated.

Few hours later, l started to get dressed, Sonia made my hair, I have been growing my natural hair for a long time and it's quite lengthy, she had it curl and packed, as I told her, I didn't want any make up on,so she didn't do any for me, though she whine and whine and whine but I didn't budge.
I finally put on my dress, and stepped into a black wedge,and Sonia couldn't stop complimenting me.

I got the kids ready too and we waited for Daniel to arrive, by 5 he came around, greeted my parents and said to go but not without getting a earful from my dad, who threatened him to bring his daughter and grandkids back safety.

Sonia walked us to the car and waved at us as Daniel drove out.

"You look beautiful as always" he suddenly said and I blush, who doesn't like to be complimented. Sonia had tease me back at home that Daniel was staring at me like he wants to make more babies with me and I wanted nothing but strangle her.

"Thanks" I said to him and turned to check the kids.
"Are you kids ok" I asked the kids, they have been silent since we left the house.
"Dad said we are going to see our new grandparents, are they going to like us" nick asked, I was taken aback by the question, I didn't expect they would even think of that.

" Of course buddy, your grandma and grandpa are going to like you, infact they love both you and your sister already and are eager to meet you and your cousins are there too, you get to play with them" Daniel said convincely while I nod.

" Yes babies, now cheer up will you" I added, and they both smile.

******

Daniel horned and the security man opened the gate, I looked around as he drove in, the mansion was just wow, they were mens on dark coloured suits just hanging around the house,his dad bodyguards maybe.
As we alighted from the car, I keep looking around,like I need to feed my eyes with good things ooo.
Daniel walked us inside the house, when I said the outside of the house was wow, the inside is breathtaking, it's just so beautiful.