11~regrets

A clear conscience contribute to a good night rest
Boyd Bailey.

DANIEL
Song_ someone to loved by lewis calpadi.

I have been up all night after i came back from the club. I couldn't sleep,how can I when I am troubled. I sighed as I sip from the glass of champagne in my hand ,I just can't believe that Audrey will keep the baby, wait babies after I repeated told her to get rid of it. A tear roll down my eye as I recall the past,no day pass by without thinking of what I did to her, I know have been many things in the past,but a rapist, that I added to my list of sins. I sat at the bar counter when I felt someone hugged me from behind. I need not anyone to tell me its Clara. I don't know how she got into my house,maybe she stole the keys,she is just so clingy for my liking.
"Clara what is it"I asked
"What is it Daniel,have been standing behind you for a long time, but you were so lost in thought to notice me,are you OK"she said as she tighten her grips on me.

"Am fine" I answered as I gently pushed her from my back.
"Are you sure"she ask again.
"Yes,am not feeling sleepy, that's why am up" I answered.
"Really, why don't we do something else,am also not feeling sleepy"she said seductively as she draw imaginary lines on my chest, I held her hands and said no.
"Cmon,I promise you won't regret it,you will have a good time"she continues,
"I said no damn it,what is wrong with you,get off my face"I shouted and she scurried away.
Good riddance to bad rubbish, I will soon dump her sef, she love sex a lot,she sleep with anyone she sees ,without even minding whether I know them. Imagine her sleeping with Steve when I was away on a business trip,and trust honest Steve to spill the beans. He had apologize and said he met her in a club,they share a few drinks, he got drunk and that's what he remembered last.

I didn't say anything to him, what could I say. That my girlfriend slept with one of my best friends?.
Nevertheless I wasn't really bother,I don't have the interest of getting married to her anymore. My mum will be pleased as she doesn't like Clara. Speaking of mum, I have to visit her on Sunday,we all have family dinner every Sunday, mum made it mandatory.

AUDREY
After getting the kids ready for school,I met dad on our way out.
"Good morning dad" I greeted.
"Good morning grandpa"the kids chorused
"Hmmmmm" He said in replied, as he look at me.
"I see you are ready to go out. Your date is by four this evening, have sent your number to him, don't mess this up" he said and left before I could say anything.
I sighed as I drove out to the kid's school, when we got there, I kiss them goodbye and promised to pick them when they close, as I drove back home, Sonia called.
"Hey baby girl,awfa"she asked as soon as I picked the call
"Fine, are you at home" I asked her,hoping maybe I could go to her place instead of going home.
"Yes, I didn't go to work today ,I called in sick"she replied
"My God, why I didn't you tell me" I asked
"Who sick,abegi am not sick oooo,am just tired of going to work, I am tired"she replied and I laugh,trust Sonia on that my very lazy bestie. Sonia works as an editor in a newspaper company, have forgotten the name, but she always find excuses to stay at home as she wasn't interested in working,not to blame her shaa,her family are loaded.
"Tor,am coming to your house" I said and did a u_turn to her house.
When I got there,I ringed on the doorbell and she opened almost immediately.
"Audrey"she shouted as she engulfed me in a hug.
"Hey big head" I said and walk in, her apartment was a mess.
"Sonia,what's this" I asked in distain.
"Oh sorry about this" she said as she packed her clothes from the chairs ,floor and whatnot.
"Girl, you still leave your apartment untidy"I said"oya make we clean up"
"Noooo,abeg am tired"
She whined as I pulled her up.
One hour later
We were finally done cleaning, as we sat down to rest,she asked.
"How are my babies"
"They are fine" I answered,"so awfa about your nysc posting ,have you check where you are posted to"she asked and I sigh"babes, na Ibadan ooo, but am trying to work it back to lagos so I won't be far from the kids " I replied her,
"No wahala, i even know someone who can help" she said.
"I swear, you are a lifesaver"i said,and hug her,suddenly my phone rang,I check to see an unknown number.
"Hello" I said as I answered
"Hi ,this is Melvin, your date for this evening" the caller said,I slap on my forehead, a habit I picked when I forget anything.
"Ooh hi" I answered.
"I called to check up on you and also to let you know we will be meeting in tarragon restaurant at ikoyi by 4pm" he said.
"Alright"I replied
"See you soon beautiful" he said and hung up.
"So shoot" sonia said immediately I got off the phone
I rolled my eyes and said "amebo"(gossip).
She hissed and continue pestering me to tell her who it was.
"Okay,he is a blind date" I said nonchalant about it and she laugh.
I looked at her and said," its not funny"
"That's because you have a low sense of humor, so where did this blind date come from" she said
"Is it not my dad" I said and she continue laughing.
"OK ,sorry I won't laugh again" she apologize when she saw I was putting on a serious face
"So where are you guys meeting and what's his name"
"Melvin and at tarragon restaurant, I don't even know there"I replied
"oooh,its a new restaurant opened at ikoyi,its a nice place I heard"she answered and asked what time we are meeting and I answered and she insisted I stay at her place so she could make me up and I refused.
"For where,am not doing any make up ooo"I said but she insisted and we kept arguing about it, until I concurred, you never win an argument against Sonia.
"Alright but just simple make up abeg" I pleaded and she said ok.
"Oya, let go to the bedroom" she urged me
"Madam,calm down its 4pm,and its not even twelve yet" I reminded her.
"Sorry jare, am just so excited, this is the first time in a long time you agree on a date" she said,and I rolled my eyes.
"Am beginning to regret this" I said and she hit my back.
"Girl,you are so uptight, you need to get laid,when was the last time you had sex"she asked
"Sonia!!!!!"I yelled her name,sonia is just so blunt for my liking.
"Ooh,if not that you have kids I would have mistaken you for a virgin" she continued to blabber ,well I just sat looking at her,she isn't wrong,I haven't had sex well not after Daniel, am scared of experiencing that again.
"Abeg,drop the matter"I said getting uncomfortable with the subject of discussion .
"OK,if you say so" she shrug.
"So this is what happens, since today is Friday, I will pick the kids by 1pm,and take them home,get them settled and come for the makeup on my way to ikoyi."I said
"Why don't we do it this way, the kids stay with me till you are back" she said "I haven't seen my favorite babies this week" she added and smile happily merely thinking of them staying with her.
Alright, if you say so,but don't call me whining they are disturbing you" I said and she jump for joy.

Finally, I picked the kids from school, got them settled and I dress up for my date at exact 3:00pm I left as to beat the traffic as I was coming from ikorodu to ikoyi, normally it just a 30min ride.
I got there by 3:50pm and i went in,sat down to wait for Melvin, I glance at the place ,taking in the beautiful scenery around.

He came in at exact 4,and apologize for keeping me waiting,I told him it wasn't his fault as I came in early. He called out to the waiter,and I took time to check him out. He was quite a looker,I wonder where dad knew him from.

He turned to me and complimented my look,i smiled widely.

the waiter came with the menu,and took our orders,he later return with the food,which we ate almost in silence.
"Your dad didn't tell me you looked this beautiful" he said and I asked him how he knew him.
"I helped him when His car broke down a few weeks ago" he said and I replied with a oh ,typical dad to set me up with someone he barely know .
"My name is Melvin,am single I guess that's why we here" he said and gave a quite laugh.

"I work at king's corporation, I guess you might have heard about the company, am an accountant there". He said with a proud look ."as if its your father's company, proud peacock"I said within me.
"Good for you" I said and told him I didn't know the company and he looked at me as though I had grew two heads.
He asked me to tell him about myself ,I shrug and started
"Am Audrey, single and I don't work for now, am actually going for nysc service" I said and he told me my father told him. He asked what I do in my spare time and I told him I really didn't have spare time as I take care of my kids.
"Wait, you have kids"he asked, way to go Audrey I say as I thought of how dad had warned me not to disclose having kids.
"Yeah, two kids ,they twins" I said and smiled .
"Were you married before" he asked and I told him have never been married.
"Am a single mum" I answered.
"So what are we doing here,am not in for a woman with baggage " he said.
"Excuse me"
"Yeah ,what I mean is why didn't you say you have kids since,and save me the stress ,your dad didn't even say a thing,what do you people take me for,a fool,you think I will take another man's leftover and bastard kids" he said in distain and I saw red,I down him with the fruit juice I was taking.
"The world will be a lot better ,when there isn't judgemental people like you in it, you don't get to insult my kids you asshole" i yelled at him not minding the glances from other people, I took my bag and left angrily,i regret coming here.