20~ angry

Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.

AUDREY

Mum woke me up for dinner,as we sat down to eat, I noticed my parents keep exchanging looks, which I found strange.

"Is everything OK, mum" I asked.

She glanced at dad before answering
"Daniel was here"

"OK,and?" I asked, hoping to hear what they said to him.

"He apologize for what he did, and asked for a chance to be part of his kids lives" dad said as he looked up at me.

"And what did you two say to him?, you forgave him just like that" I laughed
"Why are you all on his side?, am your daughter, you are supposed to be with me, not him"I stated, angry at the fact that they don't seem to understand what am feeling and keep supporting him instead of me.

"Audrey,dear, no one is supporting him here, we just want what's best for you and the kids that's all" dad said

"What's best for me? Am not desperate dad, I don't need him in my life nor my kids lives,we were doing just fine without him, I can take care of my kids, I don't need his assistance" I yelled angrily.

"I understand how you feel, no one is pressuring you to forgive him just yet, we all respect your decisions, we just want you to be happy and fine, we want a complete family for you Audrey" mum said gently as she held my hands.

"Think about it dear" she said and continue her meal, but I just couldn't eat any longer, I lost my appetite.

"Please eat your food dear" mum pleaded,and I pick my spoon in anger.

******
"Guy, you know say wetin you do no good Ba, how can you allow Steve to meet with the kids when I first told you about them"(guy, you know what you did isn't fair right?) Tobi stated as we gather in the evening at my place, apparently they came to visit more like they came to protest.

"Why can't I see them, you are just jealous am their favorite uncle now" Steve tease tobi and he frowned

"Its not only favorite uncle, you wey no get sense"(you that don't have sense) Richmond countered, I relaxed into my couch as I watch them bickering at each other over kids that doesn't even know them.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Richard asked

"I don't have anything to say, guy make them fight,but make Una no break anything for my house sha"(guy let them fight, but you shouldn't break anything in my house) I answered.

"No be your fault(its not your fault) tobi stated as he sat back on the couch.

"Awfa with Audrey" Richard asked as they all sat down calmly.

"We just dey, guys she is mad at me, like real mad, I don't even know what to do" I said honestly

"What can we do to help, we all owe her an apology, at least we should do something" Richmond said and others nodded.

"I don't think she will appreciate all our presence at once,I got to talk to her friend Sonia,remember Sonia" I asked

"Yes, that dark skinned girl around Audrey" Tobi asked, as he scrunched his face in disgust.Tobi doesn't like dark skinned women, and he especially doesn't like Sonia afolabi.