18. Dinner at Cate's (pt 3)

Suddenly, she halts and exits the bathroom, leaving me there, utterly surprised.

Sandra: Is Y/N okay? -I hear from the bathroom.
Cate: Yes, she just had a stomachache, but she's ok now.

I enter the living room and notice the movie is nearing its end. To my delight, Maggie has rested her head on Sandra's shoulder! Yes! This plan is working!

Sandra shoots me a peculiar look as I take a seat on the sofa.

Y/N: What's wrong? -I ask her.
Sandra: It's just... your neck... -I look down, attempting to inspect my neck but failing comically- Cate, you're crazy! -she says, laughing, while I turn to Cate to gauge her reaction.
Cate: Oh god! I didn't realise I did all that! Sorry, Y/N... -she opens her arms, and I sit on her lap, embracing her.
Y/N: Is it really that bad?
Cate: Actually yes... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. Dose it hurt? It looks like it does.
Y/N: No, it doesn't... -I look at her in the eyes- I'm tired...
Cate: Sandy, we're going to sleep. Your room is right there, and Maggie can sleep in the room next to yours. Good night!

I bid good night to Sandra, as Maggie was already asleep, and Cate and I make our way to her bedroom. Before getting into bed, I glance at my neck in the mirror and discover a sizable hickey right in the middle, just under my chin. How am I supposed to hide it, especially when it's right in the middle?

Y/N: You're insane! This is huge! How am I supposed to hide it?
Cate: You don't have to hide it -she says smirking- Now, lay in bed; I still have to punish you.
Y/N: Cate, I'm so tired... Please, another day... -I'm not trying to avoid it; I'm genuinely exhausted.
Cate: Okay, but don't think I'll forget about it because I won't.
Y/N: Oh, I know you won't... Good night... -I say, settling into bed.
Cate: You're going to sleep in these clothes?
Y/N: Oh gosh! I completely forgot!
Cate: Let's sleep naked!
Y/N: Okay... -I hesitate for a moment due to my insecurities, but then I realize I'm with Cate, and I feel so safe with her- Perfect! -I start taking my clothes off and she does too.

We lie in bed, cuddling, and I quickly drift off to sleep.

In the middle of the night

I awaken to the sounds of... someone... screaming? No, those are moans! What the hell? Who in the world is having sex right now!?

I glance over at Cate, and she's just beginning to stir.

Cate: Do you think Sandra and Maggie are having sex?
Y/N: I mean... if it's not them, I think you should be scared... But... what time is it?
Cate: 3 am.
Y/N: Oh god! They could be quieter... I just want to sleep...

In the morning

I have no idea how we both managed to fall asleep last night, but we did. I need to talk to Maggie because I want to understand how that happened, even though I knew it was going to occur, just not so soon.

Currently, Cate and I are preparing breakfast for everyone. We've opted for pancakes since they're easy to make, and Cate particularly loves them. After finishing, we sit down to enjoy the pancakes we made for ourselves and proceed to prepare plates with the remaining pancakes for Maggie and Sandra.

Shortly thereafter, Maggie walks into the living room wearing Sandra's shirt.

Maggie: Good morning -she says, yawning.
Y/N: Did you have a good night? -I say, smirking.
Maggie: Oh, shut up!
Y/N:  I want you to spill all the details!
Maggie: There's not much to tell, it just happened...
Y/N: You just had sex? That's all?
Maggie: Yeah... I'm afraid to tell her I have feelings for her...
Cate: Alright, I'll leave you two alone. I'm gonna check on Sandy. -she says, exiting the room.